General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

*Petition Audi* Pixelation of the Drivers Display Problems? You have them, come here *MUST READ*

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:41 PM
1st Gear
Default *Petition Audi* Pixelation of the Drivers Display Problems? You have them, come here *MUST READ*

Ive read through and search both, here and the zine. I found many posts concerning the lost pixels/lines in your LCD display in the cluster. I'm not the only one having the problem and Im assuming neither are you. I found a thread that claimed someone was going to file a class action suit, but was later cancelled because his attorney said he didnt have a valid case.

So...... I called Audi USA. I told them about my problem. The woman, I spoke with, told me that she would look for a recall on the database. I already knew that there wasnt one, but I let her look anyway. She proceeded to tell me there was NO Recall or TSB on the issue, but that she would document the case. She told me to call my nearest dealer for tech support, but I already knew the answer to that one... a 500$ + part at my cost is not only ludacrous, but poor business. If Audi is/has having/had so many problems with this LCD is should have been TSB and fixed whether you still have a warranty in effect or not.

If anyone else here has this problem or has had to pay out of pocket for a fix that was not their fault at all, please post up. I plan on taking this thread and forwarding it, mailing it, and carrying it to a dealer with me to prove a point that there should be a TSB out on this problem and that the dealer should be fixing this as a warranty claim, whether it exists or not.

I can also talk to my lawyer and see if there is anything that he thinks he can do about the situation. I think this is poor business on Audis part, poor quality is not the consumer's expense.

Please post up contact info and VIN if you would like. I would like to start a petition and send it into Audi and see if we can get this situation resolved fairly for the customer. I'll see what I can do about a petition.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Default RE: *Petition Audi* Pixelation of the Drivers Display Problems? You have them, come here *MUST READ*

I don't really know anyone who doesn't have a problem with this

Old 11-16-2006, 06:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: *Petition Audi* Pixelation of the Drivers Display Problems? You have them, come here *MUST READ*

I got the same problem on a 200 A4 1.8T

Old 11-17-2006, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

Put me down. I've got a 2000 A4 TQM

Old 11-18-2006, 10:34 PM
3rd Gear

Most likely there will never be a recall as it isnt a safety item.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Administrator

I got the same problem on my '01 A4.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

+1

Old 11-19-2006, 07:29 PM
1st Gear

count me in. Mine is so bad I just turn off the display

Old 11-28-2006, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

ive lost a few lines on my 2001 tt also.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

same here i just shut mine off cuz i cant even see 90% of it

Quick Reply: *Petition Audi* Pixelation of the Drivers Display Problems? You have them, come here *MUST READ*