Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Audi allroad air ride suspension elimination kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 AM
1st Gear

My warning lamp would go off and on during my "Goop" phase and went away when repaired. However due to another issue (alternator) it will come on but will go away after restart. Have your guy scan the car with a OBD II and see if any codes pop up and be sure to have him clear the codes. I would tell you to take it to Auto Zone since they will do this for free.

Don't know what to tell you about the Headlamp alarm signal. I've never had it happen. Is it a warning light or a signal?

Another thing that can reset the warning lights is to remove the batter cable and then reinstall. However I wouldn't do this if you don't have your radio codes to unlock it or you'll have to take it to the dealer.

If you haven't a code reader go to Amazon and get one.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

Hi
Here's a pic of the headlamp range control alarm/error light. This is from an A4 but its the same for the Allroad
http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page...tml&category=6

I started to think they might be related issues when I read this on p. 30 of the PDF I posted earlier

Power supply to the headlamp range control system
In the case of 4-level air suspension in the allroad quattro, the headlamp range control
system voltage is supplied by the air suspension control unit J197. Further information can be found under Control unit J197 on page 34.
For this reason, the allroad quattro is fitted with an automatic dynamic headlamp control
system (also without gas-discharge headlamps). The automatic dynamic headlamp range control system maintains the light beam at a constant angle while the vehicle level changes.
If level change takes place (e.g. motorway mode), the 4-level air suspension control unit
J197 transmits a voltage signal to the headlamp range control unit J431. This activates the HRC immediately and controls the bodywork movements.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM
1st Gear

If you guy has a vag-com then he should be able to delete the warning light. If not then you can either purchase your own - http://www.ross-tech.com/index.html or http://www.obdtool.com/ or go the dealership and have them make the adjustment. It probably cheaper to purchase your own then take it to a dealer.

I did discover that putting the new bags on my car now rides higher if I had a vag-com I could adjust the ride height among other things. I plan on getting one at some point.

When it comes time for your timing belt go here - http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-All_Ro...Timing/ES6168/ if your guy will let you buy your own parts you can save some serious cash. I'm saving $400 right now.

here's my current issue and how I resolved it (with the help of others) http://texasaudigroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5956

this info might come in handy in the future.

good luck.

Last edited by AustinGuy; 09-01-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

My goop fix only lasted a day then the left front air spring started hissing and the compressor start purring frequently to keep the front left level.
I over-nighted the Arnott Gen II air springs and the got AAA to tow my car to my mechanic. He'll be working on my car tomorrow.

Thanks Austinguy for the info on the VAG-COM, I havent invested in one before now but got a cheaper OBDII reader from Amazon, it doesnt see any codes though. The info on the timing belt is much appreciated.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
1st Gear

AustinGuy, thanks for the Arnott discount code. I tried the Slime process but didn't work. I'll be buying the Arnott bags for the front. I was going to get the Bilstein shocks Arnott sells, but the service manager at the dealer said they never replace shocks on Audis. That is remarkable. Anyone with experience with this? He also confirmed what I read on another post that the rear bags rarely if ever fail.
Mike

Old 09-04-2010, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

yeah, the rear never fail because these shocks just don't receive the road grime as the front ones do and I wouldn't switch to Bilstein as I wouldn't want to loose the lifting system. Arnott air bags are much better than factory and if you buy GENII you'll never have to replace them.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

New Gen II Arnotts have been installed about a week now and all is well. Thanks guys for the great support and information over the months.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Slime Solution Really Works.

I would just like to ad my name to the list of people that fixed their ail leak using SLIME.

20 Minutes and 15 Euros and I had my front left air bag fixed.

If anyone in Ireland and UK needs any help with it feel free to contact me on +353 87 2957518 and I'll explain you the process.

THANKS NATHAN YOU ARE A LEGEND!!

Alem, Dublin

Old 10-14-2010, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

Have had the Arnott air bags in now for about a month and a half. She rides and handles like new! I have noticed that if I am set at level 2 the front will sometimes drop to level 1 after sitting overnight. Any ideas? Could I have defective bags or was something missed in the repair?

Old 10-15-2010, 10:06 AM
1st Gear

Its not a big issues but shouldn't happen. At least it hasn't happened to me.

Lift the car to its highest level and spray some soapy water all over the bags to look for leaks. My guess is that there could be a tiny leak around the air hose.

Quick Reply: Audi allroad air ride suspension elimination kit