Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

How many miles? How's it runnin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear
Default How many miles? How's it runnin?

How many miles on your allroad? How's it running?
I'll start...
I've got about 39,700 on my '03 and with the exception of a recent MIL light, it's running fine. No drivetrain issues to speak of.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:34 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: How many miles? How's it runnin?

Welp, my CPO '04 now has just over 14K. I was at the dealer today to get some stuff taken care of. I was going to have the 15K service done, but it had been completed right before I bought it as part of the CPO program. Turns out that the service intervals are influenced by time as well as miles.

Here's what was done today: replace emergency flasher relay because the turn signals were working, but not blinking; re-aim HID headlights; replace windshield washer jet that had been moistening the sidewalk whenever I used the washers; clean some little stains on the headliner that had been missed; ordered the driver seatback piece that has the cargo net, which came with a tear in it that I didn't discover until a little while ago.

Out of pocket expenses, $0. And, my salesman let me take his A3 to do some errands while waiting for my car to be done. Oh, and they filled up the washer fluid for free. Hey, even the little things make me happy. Let's just hope that this feeling continues!

john

Old 03-25-2008, 06:38 AM
1st Gear

Jeez... makin me feel like my car is over the hill at 62k miles! Aside from my middle and rear interior lights not working when you open the hatch or doors... my allroad is 100%. I made my first upgrade last week. The new antenna has definitely increased my HP by 5%.

I am worried that my air compressor runs more than it should... but maybe I've just read too many horror stories. I have had one instance of "Wait.. I shouldn't be out of washer fluid yet.." But that's only been once so far.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ungawa

Jeez... makin me feel like my car is over the hill at 62k miles! Aside from my middle and rear interior lights not working when you open the hatch or doors... my allroad is 100%. I made my first upgrade last week. The new antenna has definitely increased my HP by 5%.

I am worried that my air compressor runs more than it should... but maybe I've just read too many horror stories. I have had one instance of "Wait.. I shouldn't be out of washer fluid yet.." But that's only been once so far.
14k makes mine feel over the hill too! I have the same worry in the back of my mind about the compressor burning out, but if the suspension isn't leaking then we probably shouldn't worry. I hear mine going on and off all the time when I'm changing speeds frequently. it's very quiet, but I can hear it when the radio is off and windows are up.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

i was hear the same thing. I had it height 4 shut it off for about 20 minutes and then turned it back on and it didn't kick back on so I'm assuming there was no leak. becuase the bags are fully expanded.

I was test driving today. it had 86,700 on it. felt good to drive. ave 24.6mpg on the way home. which was about 30 miles from where I reset it at.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 AM

We have 85000KM on our 2001. No problems at all. I'm raising and lowering the susapension daily without having any problem.

Still going strong.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:41 AM
1st Gear

My situtaion is a very different one..... well my tansmission started to play up again so had to pull it out. These wonderfully designed Audi's make it impossible to get to the exhaust heatshield bolts so had to drop the motor with the trans. Adding further to their wonderful design charateristics, you have to remove the front body work (all but the fenders) to get the engine out. Turns out trans has snapped teeth on the drum which was no doubt caused by over pressure from a failed valve body, so a new one of those needed too. Whilst all was out, could see the rear cam seal covers leaking so replacing those (and front ones while at it) and those "infamous" oil return hose gaskest from the turbo that always leak. Then, of course, why wouldnt I do the timing belt whilst this whole thing is apart in a zillion pieces. If you see where these Audi lunatics have buried the thermostat you would undersatnd why I am doing this as well - plus the water pump cos that aint much better placed either. Oh, and has anyone seen how hard it is to get to the starter motor and alternator? So, yes, you guessed it, got these reman'd whilst I'm at it. With so many other little things so stupidly designed from a servicability aspect, I changed them too - "O" rings, gaskets etc. I think the allroad (maybe other Audis too) is the german revenge to the western world. If anyone out there is considering buying an Audi allroad, I give them this important advice:.......................................DON' T!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

First of all, Audiburg's comments help me to understand why the mechanics at my dealer charge more per hour than a decent psychiatrist/lawyer.

B. I had mentioned in earlier posts that I got my '04 AR in November with only 10.5K on the clock. I did some research and found that the first owner was in Delaware. All I can think of to explain only 2,625 miles a year is that they were rich and this was their 'skiing car.'

Other evidence of this, even though I don't want to jinx it, is that the satellite radio is still on more than four months later--making me think that they paid for the lifetime subscription.

If it makes any of you feel better, I did pay a premium to get such a low-mileage car. But I'm still really happy about it.

I am also hoping for the same level of reliability that Dutch and jason have mentioned.

Oh, and I hear the compressor going, too. Which reminds me of something. I had hurt my knee two weeks ago, and getting into the car was easier if I plunked butt in seat and then pulled in my legs. I was sitting with one foot still outside when I started the car...and my foot lost contact with the pavement as the car went up! Just like the old days in my brother's girlfriend's Citroen!

Old 03-29-2008, 09:19 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: fischgrape

Other evidence of this, even though I don't want to jinx it, is that the satellite radio is still on more than four months later--making me think that they paid for the lifetime subscription.

If it makes any of you feel better, I did pay a premium to get such a low-mileage car. But I'm still really happy about it.

I am also hoping for the same level of reliability that Dutch and jason have mentioned.
I hope you don't jinx your free satellite radio either! Hopefully, they did get a lifetime subscription and never bother not to transfer the subscription to another radio. If they're not interested in listening to satellite, then its more trouble to disconnect than to leave it on.

I get worried when I hear how Audiburg's allroad is nothing but trouble. How could one car have so many problems while others might not have any at all? Was there ever a change in manufacturing locale or material specs for the allroad?

One of my coworkers and I had almost identical 2003 VW Jettas. We both drove the hell out of 'em, but his had all kinds of crazy problems while mine never failed. Makes me wonder...did he get **** parts while I lucked out with the better parts lot at the assembly line that day?

Old 03-30-2008, 11:16 PM
1st Gear

2003 54000.Purchased in 06 at 43000.All good so far mostly. Seems to eat tires. Had one abs sensor go bad, had drivers seat heater go nuts, Almost set my a$$ on fire.

Quick Reply: How many miles? How's it runnin?