Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Vibration on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Default Vibration on acceleration

I have a 2003 allroad 2.7T with 105,000 miles (yes I drive alot). I just returned from a 2500 mile round trip while towing a trailer with two harleys (combined weight of trailer and bikes about 2400 lbs). On the return trip I started getting vibration on acceleration (not while coasting). The vibration was significant at about 60 mph but not bad above or below that range. I thought it was something out of balance on the trailer rig (wishfull thinking). When I unhitched at the end of the trip, the vibrtation is still there. Sometimes it seems to go away, and other times I can't see straight. The vibration still only occurs on acceleration. Any ideas??

Thanks!

-Chris

Old 01-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Default RE: Vibration on acceleration

sometimes its unbalanced wheels. or wheels have a bump(s). start with small then move to big.

the vibration is where? front, rear, left, right?

Old 01-08-2006, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the response...I don't think it's a ballance or flatspot issue, as the vibration only happens while I am accelerating. When I coast at exactly the same speed, tthere is no vibration at all. As soon as I apply gas again the vibration kicks in. I feel the vibration mostly in the seat of my pant, but some is in the steering wheel. Seat of the pants vibration usually means the issue is in the rear wheels and steering wheel vibration is usually the front wheels. I can't seem to isolate it to the left or right side.
ORIGINAL: kakarot

sometimes its unbalanced wheels. or wheels have a bump(s). start with small then move to big.

the vibration is where? front, rear, left, right?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 AM

maybe you bended something like CV while towing. I don't think its anything in tranny.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:03 PM
1st Gear

It sounds like an engine missing...could be many things, ignition, bad plugs, egr... is there any CEL? If you know someone with a VAG-Com, scan for fault codes...not all trigger the CEL.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:54 PM
2nd Gear

Check the driveshaft going to the rear differential, you might have a bad universal joint or center bearing support..

Old 12-07-2006, 05:04 PM
SrK
1st Gear

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with my 2002 A4 1.8T CVT. Have you figured out what your problem was?

thanks

Old 01-01-2007, 06:55 PM

The issue could be wheels, CV joint or axels. The ar is very sensitive to unbalanced wheels/tires. I struggled with a "shaky" ar for months. Even had the wheels Hunter Road Force Balanced, to no avail. Finally, I moved right front tire to rear.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

Ive got the same problem if not maybe alittle different. Mine however didnt start until i chipped my car and it only happens when im at full boost or around it. It sounds like it is coming from the rear of the car, could it be a exhaust issue? (since im still running the unimpressive stock size, or not?) I know for a fact it isnt tires due to the fact it happened with the old ones and the new ones i just installed. I scanned my car also and no codes showed up so i feel like it has to be some type of issue with the turbo when its pushing full boost (idk....)

Old 09-28-2007, 10:45 PM

I have been experiecing the same exact problem on my 2003 Audi A4 1.8T.. when i accelerate my car vibrates/shakes like no other... i just had my tires balanced and the problem still exists...it seems likemy car is misfiring as it did when my coil failed...im not sure what to do. any advice anyone?

Quick Reply: Vibration on acceleration