Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Warning Lights (ABS, Suspension, Traction Control)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Warning Lights (ABS, Suspension, Traction Control)

Ive recently started getting this weird combination of warning sensor lights from my allroad, only happens about 1/10 times I start the car. The ABS, Air Suspension, and Traction Control lights all come on. Car didnt behave any differently. I took it to the dealer and they said it was a faulty brake sensor, and it was fixed. But im still not convinced. Any Ideas? Could it be the Quattro?

Here's a Pic: http://i31.tinypic.com/mrd2mq.jpg

Thanks

Old 02-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Default RE: Warning Lights (ABS, Suspension, Traction Control)

I've seen this in the past a couple of times over the years. Typically occurs for me after having driven through deepish water, then braked on a rutted surface. No change in the vehicle other than the lights. My guess is that it is a temporary sensor problem and I have chosen to ignore.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:11 PM

^ totally agree - the problem is ABS sensors getting clogged with mud common on off road conditions so a good jet wash is recommended on the underside (ABS/TRACTION/HIGHT Control ) are all linked in the ECU so probably loss of traction could cause all of the issues, clean it/clear the codes and see how it goes ( and post the fault codes )

Old 02-19-2008, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

I had the same thing happen onceafter driving in somewet and muddy conditions.Car drove normally andit went away as soon as I turned the car off and started again.Dealer said the same thing...it was a clogged or dirty sensor.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 PM
1st Gear

oh ok guys thanks

Old 07-14-2008, 09:06 AM
1st Gear

I'm getting the "Break Light Error" problem - similar to the above. Each time I am pressing break, the light goes on. Did pluging to the VAG, cleared error code, do the washing :-)...but the problem persists. Any ideas how much is the replacement service for this particular sensor?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
1st Gear

Hey there, I am new to Audi and my Allroad. I was wondering what the mod was that you lave listed as "20 mm spacers"? Thanks.

Good luck with your sensor and warning light issue, I hope it is as simple as a good wash to fix it.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cjh137

Hey there, I am new to Audi and my Allroad. I was wondering what the mod was that you lave listed as "20 mm spacers"? Thanks.

Good luck with your sensor and warning light issue, I hope it is as simple as a good wash to fix it.

Searched it....found it...never mind me.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Default I had the same issue

All three of those lights came on. At the dealer's, they said it was a blown fuse.

I plugged in my camper, and it happened again. The wiring harness was causing a short of some sort. Took it to another repair place and again, it was a blown fuse.

Also purchased a new wiring harness /adapter (that one ended up catching on fire, less than a year after I purchased it new from an Audi dealer).

It is a 2003 AR 2.7T. Great car, but that was an interesting experience.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:37 AM
1st Gear

Coud be a brake light switch

Quick Reply: Warning Lights (ABS, Suspension, Traction Control)