Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

What can I Take From My A6 and Put Into My Allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:55 PM
1st Gear
Post A/C Issues- Condenser From My A6 and Put Into My Allroad?

Hi Everyone-

First time poster here, but I've been using this site for years now so thanks! I've owned my 1998 A6 2.8 for about 4 years now and it has been great, but over the years I've neglected its body much like a married man neglecting his wife's. Miles have racked up, and it needs several small things to keep it going (leaking valve covers, rear suspension, tires, possibly timing belt service) so I decided to replace it, and I went with a 2001 Allroad 2.7t. Loving it so far, minus the front suspension leak of course (Arnott to the rescue) and an A/C issue. Anyways, the Allroad also has an Air Conditioning issue and the power steering pump seems to be making some dying noises. So my question is, can I salvage the power steering pump and possibly air conditioning condenser from my A6 and put them into the Allroad? Also, any insight on the A/C problem? Could timing belt service affect the A/C on the Allroad, because that was done recently. Comparing to my A6, the Allroad doesn't seem to make any noise when I engage the A/C. On my A6 I can clearly hear the condenser kick in and then feel the air get cold.

Thanks for any insights!
Tony

Last edited by tonski; 06-02-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:35 AM
1st Gear

If the air con doesn't work (econ light stays on) take the high pressure switch and swap it over to see if that fixes. I'm about to order one myself before I look at new condenser etc