Audi A2 This compact Audi A2 offers a lightweight aluminum structure which allows the small yet efficient engine to offer performance comparable to others in its class.

Audi 2002 A4 "Brake Light"

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi 2002 A4 "Brake Light"

I just bought a 2002 1.8T and it runs very smooth at 84,000 miles. There are only two things that I am having issues with. On the instrument cluster the word "brake light" shows up a few times then it goes away while driving. This happens everytime I drive. The ABS symbol and the Brake symbol never come on. Does anyone know what could cause this to happen?

Alos, a few times when I slow down and then start to press the gas to accelerate between 10-40 mph it feels like the car is about to stall but never does. It almost feels like the brake is being pressed instead of the gas. Does anyone know what causes that to happen?

Could these two issues be related?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Audi 2002 A4 "Brake Light"-brake-light.jpg  
Old 07-22-2012, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

i have the same problem in my 98 a6 2.8L when it comes to the brake light sensor in the instrument cluster. i personally put in a new set of l.e.d.'s, and ive checked that theyre all lighting up. its quite a nuisance.