Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2007 Audi A3 Stock, want to upgrade and modify

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:45 PM
1st Gear
Default 2007 Audi A3 Stock, want to upgrade and modify

I just bought an 07 A3, I would like some advice on modifications and upgrades. This is my first Audi and I love it thus far. I have the 2.0T FWD DSG Auto... I use this car as my daily driver and I drive a lot about 2000 miles a month. It has 100,000k on the odometer... I would like to add some more power, but keep the mpg somewhat high, or as much as possible. Would love to know what people recommend for parts and upgrades, and where to get parts... Thank you in advance...

Old 05-18-2013, 08:59 AM
1st Gear

Good to hear!
the a3 is alot of fun i love mine, i have a 06 A3 Sline 3.2 Quattro same color as yours.
i am in the same boat, ready and willing to do upgrades, but my problem is there arent may parts out there for exhaust intake ect.

as for you your 2.0 has a HUGE verity of things to do to it, turbo upgrades, intake exhaust, remaping, launch control, etc.

if i was you i would start with an exhaust and intake,
Militek makes a great sounding exhaust
Or statis which you can find on Revo | Innovative Hardware and Software Products for Audi, Ford, Porsche, SEAT, Skoda and VW vehicles
then i would throw an intake on there such as the cobair cold air intake, (thats what the brand is called i beleive?) they say with thier intake u can throw another 10 hp

but the pride and joy of your whole investment would either be throwing a bigger turbo in it, or the remapping, there are a few different companys out there that do remaping, but the one that i will be getting soon (fingers crossed) is the Revo Tech remap,
if you dont know what remaping is then here is a link that will help you understand,

Revo | Innovative Hardware and Software Products for Audi, Ford, Porsche, SEAT, Skoda and VW vehicles

But the jest of it is that you get a hp gain torq gain. also some of their remaps offer launch control, secutity, valet mood and speed controls, they also alow you to change what octane fuel you use, idk about you but here in organ 92 is about the highest you can find and my A3 reccomends 95, and with being able to use higher octane fuel you just get more power. like we all want!

those are the 3 main things that i would do to my car for power, i mean there are more engine upgrades but thats alot of labor when you could throw on some bult ons or ad a remap and be happy! =D