Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2008 A3s on Audi's US website

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Default 2008 A3s on Audi's US website

Audi's US website is updated to include all 2008 models, including the 2008 A3:

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/n...s/Audi_A3.html

Old 08-30-2007, 11:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2008 A3s on Audi's US website

Nice catch. I've been waiting for this to happen. Figured September 1st might be the day.

Although if anyone in Northern California hasn't noticed-Interest Rates on the 2007's are awesome! I see they have special financing at .9%!!!! I hope they keep something like that going for the 2008's.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:55 PM
1st Gear

I'm seeing a few things I didn't know about before on the 2008s.... Configuring my car on order and looking at technical details. Here is what I see that looks different;

[ul][*]Arm Rest looks a little stubbier. Maybe they've finally fixed the problem with the parking brake hitting it?[*]Advanced Anti-Theft Vehicle Alarm System - Theft Deterent light in Drivers door.[*]Four-Arm Steering wheel. It was three last year right?[*]Cruise Control buttons look more logical. I remember this was a little tricky for me to get used to on 2007's...[/ul]Then there are the things we already knew about;

[ul][*]TPMS light.[*]Rear window shades[*]New colors - Deep sea blue / Sprint Blue / Ice Silver[*]iPod Interface (yeah right, my only gripe with the A3)[*]Five-Spoke wheels on the S-Line (Not sure if I like this or not)[*]Titanium package availability
[/ul]
I downloaded the new brochure. Nice, but they always put photos in there of colors that aren't available in our country. That black A3 on the cover looks pretty hot. I thought it had the titanium package but it still has chrome around the nose. I think it's just a slightly touched-up photograph.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:00 AM
2nd Gear

I've got a 4-spoke steering wheel in my '07... it has no radio/phone buttons though. I actually like it better than the 3-spoke wheel (except the S3 wheel!)

Old 08-31-2007, 01:46 PM

I have the 4 spoke steering wheel on my 06 base, this is standard, the 3 spoke is on the sport and prem packages.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:13 PM

I've been looking over the new '08 information, too. Gotta do something to fill the time between now and delivery.

Anyway, at first, I thought the arm rest looked a little stubbier too, but now that I compare photos, I think the seats in build-your-own photo are just pushed further forward than most the photos elsewhere on the site or in the brochure.

I just wish they would update the photo for the convenience package. Every time I see the shot of the Homelink buttons on the visor I get my hopes up before reading the text below and remembering that they don't do that for A3s anymore.

One other niggle: none of the shots of the Navi in the photo gallery show the TPMS button... And the nav displaying the freeway cloverleaf is European -- not that I'm obsessing...

Old 09-02-2007, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

I really don't like how they have the packages set up on the 08 models. It seems like its impossible to add any options without requiring the s line package or the premium package. I cna't get the car I want with the options that I want without a whole bunch of expensive extra bullshit being added on.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: graviton

I really don't like how they have the packages set up on the 08 models. It seems like its impossible to add any options without requiring the s line package or the premium package. I cna't get the car I want with the options that I want without a whole bunch of expensive extra bullshit being added on.
Sadly, it seems like all auto manufacturers use this ploy to some extent. Maybe Audi is worse than others at it? (I thought Toyota was pretty evil for selling only set packages, which vary by state!)

EDIT: Though at least Toyota doesn't link engine and transmission upgrades to fluff packages, the way Audi does.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:15 PM
1st Gear

ew...the 08's have tire pressure monitoring. Glad i dont have that crap.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: falcompsx

ew...the 08's have tire pressure monitoring. Glad i dont have that crap.
Yeah, it sux when the car tells you your tire pressure is low.
You might actually save money on tires, rims and gas. Yuck. [sm=smiley24.gif]

Quick Reply: 2008 A3s on Audi's US website