Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2015 A3 Cabriolet Voice Command Activation

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 11:48 AM
1st Gear
Default 2015 A3 Cabriolet Voice Command Activation

Has anyone been able to get voice command activated in their 2015 A3 Cabriolet? I was able to get it activated in the 2014 A5 Cab I had. However, my A3 won't accept the software download.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

Assuming it is available on your model it should have been activated when you got the car. If you have it there would be a button on the right side of the steering wheel that looks like a face with three semi circles to the right of the face. Touch that and you should be able to use any of the acceptable voice commands.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:26 AM
1st Gear

Cabriolet models do not come with voice command active. Apparently Audi thinks there is too much cabin noise that will frustrate the system. I was able to have an independent Audi shop activate the system in my A5. They tried it in my A3 and the software didn't load. I am just wondering if anyone has been successful and how did they do it? Was it by a software down load or were there certain codes that need to be changed in the existing software?

Old 04-26-2016, 03:21 PM
1st Gear

Sorry on my post, I am not a fan. They may have improved but in the past I got too many mis reads of the voice commands to make it worthwhile. I assumed as long as there was a button and info about using it in the A3 specific owners manual that it would work.

The following post from audiworld.com leads me to believe the dealer can activate it but may need to find out codes and method from Audi:

"FYI Regarding Voice Command in the Cabriolet. I had nothing better to do today so I made an appointment with my Audi dealer to have the Voice Command activated. I spent about an hour there, and when I got my car back the voice command was operational. Woo Hoo! Now I just have to figure out how to use it. LOL.

NOTE: This coding change was not possible with model years prior to 2015 according to my dealer. I had spoken to my salesman in advance, who contacted the service department, who then contacted Audi because they had never done it before, and did not have the codes/instructions to do this procedure. Sure enough, Audi provided them with the necessary codes and instructions to carry out the job. The point is, notify your dealer ahead of time to make sure they have the ability to perform the job. If they're like my dealership, they'll need a few days' lead time to get the information from Audi as this process is new for 2015, at least according to my dealer."

Hopefully above is more helpful.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bobmar46
Sorry on my post, I am not a fan. They may have improved but in the past I got too many mis reads of the voice commands to make it worthwhile. I assumed as long as there was a button and info about using it in the A3 specific owners manual that it would work.

The following post from audiworld.com leads me to believe the dealer can activate it but may need to find out codes and method from Audi:

"FYI Regarding Voice Command in the Cabriolet. I had nothing better to do today so I made an appointment with my Audi dealer to have the Voice Command activated. I spent about an hour there, and when I got my car back the voice command was operational. Woo Hoo! Now I just have to figure out how to use it. LOL.

NOTE: This coding change was not possible with model years prior to 2015 according to my dealer. I had spoken to my salesman in advance, who contacted the service department, who then contacted Audi because they had never done it before, and did not have the codes/instructions to do this procedure. Sure enough, Audi provided them with the necessary codes and instructions to carry out the job. The point is, notify your dealer ahead of time to make sure they have the ability to perform the job. If they're like my dealership, they'll need a few days' lead time to get the information from Audi as this process is new for 2015, at least according to my dealer."

Hopefully above is more helpful.
Pls post your AUDI dealers name & location so I can pass this on to my local AUDI dealer

Old 04-28-2016, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by greasykid
Pls post your AUDI dealers name & location so I can pass this on to my local AUDI dealer
Per my previous post I got this from audiworld.com. The page was 2015 A3 Cabriolet: Is voice disabled?/rear seat headrests - AudiWorld Forums

Suggest you contact the original poster there.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:19 PM
1st Gear
Default Voice info

Thanks

Old 04-28-2016, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

As it worked out I ended up knowing the poster from AudiWorld from a VW EOS message board. Both of us had the same previous car before the A3. I have raised your question with him about dealer and city and will post the answer when I get a reply from him.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Need info re Voice Activation

Originally Posted by bobmar46
As it worked out I ended up knowing the poster from AudiWorld from a VW EOS message board. Both of us had the same previous car before the A3. I have raised your question with him about dealer and city and will post the answer when I get a reply from him.
Thx. Contact name,if available,would also help.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by greasykid
Thx. Contact name,if available,would also help.
I have not received yet a reply to a PM I sent him regarding the Audi dealer that did the work. There was some other info in that and I assume he either missed the question, or has not checked back there. The poster of what I had in a previous post was Peter8V758L at the http:audiworld.com forum.

In any case, your dealer should be able to find out from Audi regarding codes and method in getting it activated. Most stuff is covered by their manuals and past knowledge, but sometimes they do have to go to Audi to find out how to get some stuff done. Every thing is there for it to work.

Quick Reply: 2015 A3 Cabriolet Voice Command Activation