Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3, 2.0, dsg, quattro

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gear
Default A3, 2.0, dsg, quattro

so we're modding my teachers wife's car at school. it's a 2.0 dsg front trak A3. we just got some cars from the test track, so we pulled the quattro dsg tranny from a 2008 3.2 TT and we're pulling it apart. we also got a front trak 2.0 TT. neither car had a motor, but both had transmissions. anyway, we're basically taking the guts from the quattro tranny and stuffing it into the 2.0 case, then getting the front of the trans machined (teacher's dad runs a big machine shop) to mate up to the 2.0 and quattro running gear. once it's up and running again, we'll flash euro spec software on it (for the launch feature) and she'll be good to go. if you want, i'll take pics of what i can, if you guys don't care, i won't.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:19 AM
1st Gear

oh, almost forgot, we'll be bolting up some fresh quattro suspension from a 3.2 A3 in the back. along with a quattro fuel tank, etc.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

Defiantly post pictures of every step be-fores and afters that will be really cool to see how the finished project turns out.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
2nd Gear

^ +1 I would love to see the project beginning to end

Old 09-22-2008, 01:42 AM
1st Gear

well, we yanked the dsg from a 2.0 front trak apart. we're sending the back side of the trans case to a machine shop in town to be modified to accept the quattro portion. it's basically a little transfer case that bolts on to the tranny. i think only 3 things are different from one trans to another. we'll be using a stock driveshaft. i don't think i'll be here long enough to see it finished, but i'll try and get pix tomorrow of the two transmissions. i guess they sell a 2.0 dsg in europe, just not here. lol, we have 3 dsg trannies sitting around doing nothing. damn things are compact as hell.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

****, no luck today. one of the non audi students brought his car in and i got pulled to fix it. leaky valve cover gaskets and the cam seals in the back of the heads were leaking. oh, and coolant was everywhere. pos 2.8. i'll try to get pix tomorrow, they're not going anywhere.