Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 2.0TDI SE 2007/57 Does my car have bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 09:26 AM
1st Gear
Talking A3 2.0TDI SE 2007/57 Does my car have bluetooth

audi owners,

I was wondering if my car does actually have a Bluetooth connection as the manual i got with the car was actually for the Chorus built in Stereo Unit and the one in mines is actually the concert model, i have tried switching ignition on like the manual said and searched with my phone the samsung m8800 pixon, but it wouldn't find anyhing (wouldnt pair with device) then somebody said the bluetooth wouldnt respond to certain mobile phone/models/makes,could this be the case where i need to search with another device to find out if it does or not have bluetooth or is there anyother way of telling, for example where would it be placed??,if it doesnt have bluetooth how can i get it is there a cable or something i can get , or do i need to get a new stereo with bluetooth activation, my car does have the docking station in glove compartment though i have never tried this yet could it be something to do with that??

Thanks Garry

Old 06-20-2010, 05:05 PM

Hi there,
I ma not technical and cannot help you with any technical questions.
I and the Audi saleman did not think my car had bluetooth as it was not onn the order or spec sheet and if fitted it is part of the wiring loom I am told.
The way mine works is that I have a button non the steering wheel I think it is the 'mode' button. I press that and if my phone is sync'd with the car it gives me a menue on the DIS screen. If the phone is not synced it comes up with and error message to say phone is not connected.
I ma guessing that if you car has this button on the left side of the steering wheel and the error message come up then you may have the bluetooth. If it doesn't come up then I would say that it is not fitted.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Mereside

Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 AM
1st Gear
Unhappy Bluetooth, Audi Sportback SE

Mereside,
My A3 doesnt seem to have any buttons all on the Steering wheel itself?? which i find a bit annoying as it is a SE spec,it doesnt seem to have bluetooth but it has the IPOD connection in the glove compartment that i have not yet tried,has this car at one point been ordered without these specs?? or is it the same for all Audi A3 2.0 TDI SE specs, also i doesnt have spotlights again for a SE edition you would have thought it would have these.

Gaz

Old 06-21-2010, 03:43 PM

Hi,
It sounds like it does not have bluetooth. I have the I-pod connection in the glovebox and it came with various adaptors for the I-pods to fit. Mine has the little one fitted at the moment. If yours has the wrong one for your I-pod ask Audi if you can but the plastic kit that come with the connection.
The spec changes that much on Audi's I don't know if it should have front fogs or not. I, like you, thought they came on the SE but maybe not.
Have a go with the I-pod connection as it works very well in my car but you only get a certain number of playlists, anyway the sun is shining so enjoy the car.
Regards
Mereside