Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi a3 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Question Audi a3 2.0T

I have an audi A3 & the engine light stays on steady,what is the solution for this to be cleared.Also where can i get the fault codes for A3 audi.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

what year, how many miles? if your check engine light is on, the best idea is to take it in to the dealer to have it read. I am new to Audi so I cant be sure that a regular OBD scanner will work.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

The dealer can read the fault codes, or it can be done with a VAG-COM interface cable and software on a laptop. Here's the link for VAG-COM (now formally called VCDS):

http://www.ross-tech.com/

The VAG-COM tool is much more then a fault code reader. It also can be used to collect all sorts of data (I've got plots of my car's boost, torque and calculated horsepower curves) and make a wide variety of configuration mods. Here's what I've done with mine:

Steering bost reduction (only possible on 2006 A3's)
Enable heated mirrors
Disable auto door locks
Windows & sunroof close/open from key fob
Enable headlights, then fog lights as DRL's
Radio: Enable SVC, turn off "Bose", adjust tone characteristics (don't expect much from the last)
Changed seat belt warning light timer
Adjust gas mileage calculation

It can also be used to restore baseline settings for the DSG transmission and some other systems, but it CANNOT change your ECU settings.

There's a dedicated forum over on fourtitude.com for VAG-COM questions, well-supported by Ross-Tech folks. Here's a listing of individuals that are willing to share their VAG-COM with others:

http://www.vagtoolfinder.com/

Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear

check the gas cap and the oil filling cap, i just got my A3 2.0T on saturday and after a day i had a check engine light so i opened the hood noticed that the oil fill cap was not turned all the way to the locked position so i locked it and the light went away and i have driven about 400km so far after that and no warning, i do intend to call my dealer and see if i should bring it in though, i would think that is the best idea. Hopefully you can work it out

Old 10-19-2008, 10:52 AM

You'll need the VAG COM tool as he said to find out what it really is. I got one for something like $60. I got it after I got the light, I plugged it in and got a "Generic underboost" error. It turned out to be the stock DV (I could feel a power reduction as well), which I had replaced with a Forge.