Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi A3 been back to Audi twice now, advice please

Old 10-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Default Audi A3 been back to Audi twice now, advice please

Hello All,

I recently had my 53 plate Audi A3 2.0 TDI in to a main Audi dealer to replace a cracked cylinder head. The car drove fine, but was slowly losing coolant, but being a perfectionist I wanted this put right. While they were doing the work I thought I was about due for a new cambelt, so I got them to do this too. The work cost a whopping £1800, which although difficult to swallow, I paid up and had done.

One week from getting the car back, I was driving around a busy round about and the car cut out. On recovery to Audi (2 year warranty on work) they discovered the cambelt they put on had shredded, luckily not causing any further damage to pistons etc. So they put a new belt on, said it wasnt their fault it was a defective part and sent me on my way.

Now 2 weeks on from this I went to start my car, and it would not start at all, but it did turn over.

Again I had the car recovered to Audi dealer, who try telling me this could be fuel pump, injectors, spark plugs etc, which yes is very viable, however I am thinking may be they have not aligned the cambelt properly the second time round, and this could be a pressure problem?

I am by no means a mechanic, I only know what I read from the internet.

Do you guys think Audi are likely to come clean if its their fault, or try cover their tracks and possibly charge me for something else?

As stated previously, the car drove perfectly all the time before going into this damn afwul establishment. On top of all this, their service has been diabolical and getting a courtesy car is like getting blood from a stone.

I would like some advice please if anybody who knows their stuff could give me their opinion it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:04 AM

UPDATE - Audi are now saying its the "camshaft position sensor" thats wrong and it will take 4 hours labour to fix, which they want me to pay for. I basiclaly told them that they can **** off if they think I am paying anything else.

Does this sound viable, and would there have been any symptoms?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 AM

Dude they are screwing you, you need to contact audi head quarters customer service, and tell them about this. It shouldn't take more then 30 mins to change that sensor, depending on where its located on your car. Yes they do go bad, i don't know much about tdi motor's, i know my crank sensor went bad on my 2.0t, it was covered under my warranty.