Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi A3 - Multiple lights out at once - intermittent??

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 07:30 PM
1st Gear
Default A3 8P - Multiple lights out at once - intermittent??

I own a 2010 A3 Premium Plus Sport Package and having a terrible time with an intermittent electrical issue with with the exterior lights. Specifically, car is turned on and one after another, alerts pop up of lights out, rear turn signals, rear brakes, right front headlight, front signal lights, etc. all together about 6 or 7 out. They are actually out and not working.

Then a couple of hours later, turn on ignition and they are all fine except for 1 turn signal light which I already verified is GOOD and if main headlights are on, I get an alert about one of the plate lights being out, which it's NOT (checked, swapped for new, etc.)

I've read many a threads about the CCM possibly having an issue, etc. but wanted to know if anyone's had this before. I've only checked the engine compartment fuses so far but something tells me that's not it...

Last edited by darkmatter661; 08-25-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:16 AM
2nd Gear

Looks like you have the infamous fuse box issue creeping up. Check this out - it should help getting your car fixed:

VWVortex.com - Passenger lights all out

Summary:
One or multiple fuses melt and causing the lead to get stuck. The only remedy to get this fixed is replace the fuse box assembly with the newest revision.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:30 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sheldon
Looks like you have the infamous fuse box issue creeping up. Check this out - it should help getting your car fixed:

VWVortex.com - Passenger lights all out

Summary:
One or multiple fuses melt and causing the lead to get stuck. The only remedy to get this fixed is replace the fuse box assembly with the newest revision.
DUDE NO WAY!!!!

I'm going to AutoZone NOW to get a replacement. So I'm guessing the dealership would have them with a stronger non-melting plastic?

Thanks so much for this, which might explain some other issues I've had before. And I thought was going CRAZY because it would happen more often in the heat of summer...

Old 08-26-2016, 12:52 PM
2nd Gear

The problem is not the fuse itself the problem is the fusebox - the thing where all the fuses sit in! You will have to take everything out and replace that box or it will happen over and over again.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

The problem is not the fuse itself the problem is the fusebox - the thing where all the fuses sit in! You will have to take everything out and replace that box or it will happen over and over again.
Yeah I figured as much and that it wouldn't be that easy. Ordering a fuse box replacement. Anything particularly tricky about replacing it?

Old 08-26-2016, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear

I recommend taking the terminals off the battery so that you can safely work on it

otherwise I must say I haven't touched it yet - shouldn't be too hard though. Google is your friend. From the sounds of it this is a known issue so I'm sure there is a tutorial or video somewhere

Old 08-29-2016, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

I recommend taking the terminals off the battery so that you can safely work on it
Aw shucks that would be no fun!