Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi A3 problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Default Audi A3 problems

Bonjour

Just come a cross this site, thought i would create a post to see if anyone could help me with my problem.

I got a R reg Audi A3 1.6 Sport, i had a leak with the Radiator. I bought myself a radiator online as i thought it was just a simple remove the old and in with the new..... That part was simple and the new radiator is in place, all piping and electrics plugged back in, but the car will not turn over now?

Put the key in the ignition turn it and get the displays doing the standard tests, lights go out and turn the key to start and nothing, engine does not even want to turn over - like its completely dead ....

The alarm started going off, disconnected it from the battery, put it back and its all fine but yet still not managed to get it started! really starting to bother me now lol.

I am neither a car engineer lol i wish i didnt touch it in all fairness if anyone could shed some light or may of had the same problems, any help would be great

Regards
Justin

Old 04-03-2010, 10:40 AM
1st Gear

Had a problem on a Toyota truck, something in the computer won't allow starting when the fluid is drained. Had to tow it to the dealer and he really didn't know why, but knew to reset the computer. Just a guess, but that's how I fix my cars, by guessing and trying.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:18 AM

Ok simple fix to that, dead battery, think i might of shorted something out in the process. car is starting up.

now my 2nd problem to the radiator change, i have put water on, but its not filtering to the radiator, the bottom pipe seems to have water, but the top just gets really hot.

i have left the car on for about 10/15mins to heat the thermostat up but no joy water is still not getting to the radiator hmm