Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi S3 Quattro Turbo 1.8 Forge Splitter Valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi S3 Quattro Turbo 1.8 Forge Splitter Valve

On request moved to here

Hello all,

I'm new here and just got my Audi S3 Quattro Turbo 1.8 from 1999. It's a very nice car with some customised things. I will post some pics soon (will try to take them this week ) But for now I have a few questions.

I just ordered a Forge Splitter Dump Valve (BOV) after reading a lot of good reviews on this forum. It will be arriving this week hopefully, but since I'm new to Dump Valve i have really no clue how to install it. Can it cause any serious damage if I'm installing it wrong or putting it to much open or closed?

On this forum and on the Forge website I found some PDF's explaining it, but if someone could help me with a newbie tutorial with good pictures it will be a lot easier (maybe there are already some tuts on the net). Some people say it should be installed reversed, others say to install it normal.

Also I have no clue how many clicks to rotate the valve to set it open or close or whatever

My S3 engine is now default (210pk) but It will be chipped to 250pk, I'm also looking for another filter. Some people tell me to get an entire K&N filter, others tell me just to replace the filter and leave the original filterbox.

I hope that someone is willing to help me, because the real Audi fans are on this forum I guess .
Pictures will be placed soon

Thanks a lot! Greets, Ex [8D]

Edit: 1 picture for now. I will make some new soon

Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi S3 Quattro Turbo 1.8 Forge Splitter Valve

Please help! I don't know how to install the splitter

Old 04-02-2010, 05:16 PM

turn your dump valve anticlock wise all the way. once you've done that turn 20 clicks clock wise for a remaped s3 or 16 for standard (recirc mode not sure bout split mode). that is what forge recommends so i just leave mine at that. Try not to use fully atmospheric setting as over time it damages ignition coils and your car will misfire which end up damageing the cat over time as i found out twice. you prob already know but just thort ad warn you any way.