Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

AUDI TT Corporate lease vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 01:10 PM
1st Gear
Default AUDI TT Corporate lease vehicle

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy an AUDI TT Roadster and I really need your suggestion. The car looks great looks healthy, pretty neat and the test drive was awesome. It is a 2004 model and has 65K miles on it with very good maintainance records/ oil changes. Simply the car is flawless, the price looks pretty decent on KBB and EDMUNDS, and the important thing I am totally inclined to it. After I got the carfax report I see it was reported as Corporate lease for 4 years and then bought by a car dealer in an auction for his wife's personal use and now selling it after 1.5 years, and the other good thing is it has far less miles than industry average miles per year and driven in only one state.

This thing is really worrying me. How suggestible is it to get a CORPORATE LEASED VEHICLES, Is it like many people drove it and may be roughed out???

Please do advice me.

cheers..

Old 12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
2nd Gear

i bought my 03 A4 2.5 years back and it was a corporate leased vehicle as well. when i picked it up it was pristine, and had all maintenance done that was needed by that time.

as its time as a lease it was in an accident (minor tbone,but both passenger side doors were replaced). if i didnt look at the carfax, i never would have known about any of this. it drives,handles,performs like a new car. my experience with it has been great.

while such info can make you wary, it certainly doesnt mean that the car was treated bad or that it will develop issues because of its past life

Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for your response.
So you say that we should be fine with Corporate leased vehicles. And I also heard most of the pre-owned used vehicles are Corporate leased...Is that true?

And the last mileage noted on car fax is 51k which says brakes checked and maintenance completed, but now the car is on 65k.... so can I believe car fax and assume that it is good for the rest 14k.

And what do you think can I go for it??

Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM
2nd Gear

a lot that i have seen are indeed corporate leased...really not sure why that is.

if you like the car,condition,price, etc., and everything checks out go for it imo.

just curious as to what engine is in the TT youre looking at(v6 or turbo?).

also,is it at an audi dealer?have them check the timing belt for wear. if its beginning to crack or exhibit wear, see if they'll split the cost of the service with you before purchasing it.its at the age where it might be starting to get worn

Old 12-13-2010, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

No it's not at an AUDI dealer..... why so??? Is that something we should be concerned.... anyways I am planning to have a b2b check with a MIDAS or PEP BOYZ.

and it's a 4 cylinder 1.8L Turbo

and thanks for that advice on Timing belt, I'll add it in my check list.

Anything else I need to check on

Old 12-13-2010, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear

its not a problem that its not at an audi dealer, i was just thinking that they'd be more likely to help you out if the tbelt needed to be replaced is all.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by audi_tt
Hi guys,

I am planning to buy an AUDI TT Roadster and I really need your suggestion. The car looks great looks healthy, pretty neat and the test drive was awesome. It is a 2004 model and has 65K miles on it with very good maintainance records/ oil changes. Simply the car is flawless, the price looks pretty decent on KBB and EDMUNDS, and the important thing I am totally inclined to it. After I got the carfax report I see it was reported as Corporate lease for 4 years and then bought by a car dealer in an auction for his wife's personal use and now selling it after 1.5 years, and the other good thing is it has far less miles than industry average miles per year and driven in only one state.

This thing is really worrying me. How suggestible is it to get a CORPORATE LEASED VEHICLES, Is it like many people drove it and may be roughed out???

Please do advice me.

cheers..
that is why they go to auction and at 65K just make sure that the timing belt chain has been replaced that whole process check the instrument cluster even being a 2004 it might have a problem with both check regular stuff haldex changes every 20K brake fluid ever 20K or two years check bushings
in wishbones anti sway bars CV boots for cuts in them ask what kind of oil used corp. car should use 5 - 30 synth if it is a snow state ask if rotors have been changed check for rust..... OH! make sure you have a spare tire/jack and tools

otherwise corp. cars are usually very good finds.....

Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
1st Gear

Thanks much for your response

can you also please answer my below question?

The last mileage noted on car fax is 51k which says brakes checked and maintenance completed, but now the car is on 65k.... so can I believe car fax and assume that it is good for the rest 14k

What all I need to check from the seller??

Thx