Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

CAR SLOWS DOWN WHEN DRIVING UPHILL

Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Default CAR SLOWS DOWN WHEN DRIVING UPHILL

HI ALL,

DRIVING MY AUDI HAS BEEN FUN UNTIL RECENTLY HAS STARTED SLOWING DOWN TO 60 M/H WHEN DRIVING UPHILL ON MOTORWAY. JUST DROPS THE SPEED VERY QUCIK AND NOT SURE WHAT'S WRONG. SOME DAYS WORKS GREAT SOME DAYS IT DOESN'T

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A CLUE PLS

AUDI A3 2000

CHEERS

Old 04-17-2006, 07:48 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: CAR SLOWS DOWN WHEN DRIVING UPHILL

I was wondering about this myself. I have 04 s4...and initially I had no problem with uphill runs...but now it seems that the car noticably slows down when going up hill. And it seems that the steeper and/or longer the hill, the more the car slows down.

Do you think this might be a DBW issue, or maybe the programming on my ecu is skrewed up. Would a chip help? I am running 93 octaine, and wash my car every week, so I don't think that would be the cause. I have also noticed that my car goes faster going down hill. You would think that the ESP would account for that and keep the car at a constant speed. I mean that is really dangerous and could account for a number of acciendents.

I guess for now I will monitor the situation carfully, I have found that if I depress the throttle a bit more going uphill, the car does tend to maintain speed correctly...but the RPMs go up, and that can't be good. I hear that the super charger will be available for the s4 in about two weeks, maybe that will fix the problem

Old 04-18-2006, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

OMG is he serious?

Love the reply too

Old 04-19-2006, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: AudiTech04

OMG is he serious?
Gravity is no joking matter. Millions are killed or injured every year in gravity-related incidents (GRIs).

I am working on a solution to the problem. and an initial prototype is being evaluated at our Arizona test facility.

This is our Mk I Gravity-Related Incident Protector (GRIP).

If you are experiencing gravity-related issues, I strongly urge you to get a GRIP.

--Mike

Old 04-21-2006, 04:36 AM
1st Gear

Strange and I have also recently experienced the same problem. I found a short term solution!. ... Switch on the Symphony sound system that comes attached to the car, fade and distribute more base to the rear speakers and place an up tempo CD in the front cd loader section, also attached to the stereo. When approaching an incline, increase volume steadily and feel the thumping of the rear base speakers help propel the vehicel up the hill. Caution must be to lower the volume whilst travelling downhill.
Hope this will be of assistant.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:51 AM
2nd Gear

Gravity - it's not just a good idea, its the law!

Old 04-21-2006, 05:21 PM
6th Gear

lol this post is too funny.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: crusader

Strange and I have also recently experienced the same problem. I found a short term solution!. ... Switch on the Symphony sound system that comes attached to the car, fade and distribute more base to the rear speakers and place an up tempo CD in the front cd loader section, also attached to the stereo. When approaching an incline, increase volume steadily and feel the thumping of the rear base speakers help propel the vehicel up the hill. Caution must be to lower the volume whilst travelling downhill.
Hope this will be of assistant.
I want to add a CAUTION to this statement.

I was listen to Metallica's Seek and Destroy very loudly going up a very steep hill by my house yesterday and the car started lifting off the road at the crest. I had to immediately let off the gas pedal for fear I was going to rocket into space. I guess I shouldn't be using the Octane 108.

BTW, where do you think I can get some rocket fuel?

Chef