Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Door Frame Rubber Fading

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Door Frame Rubber Fading

Has anyone noticed their rubber seals around the windows on the door fading faster than normal. My car is about 2 weeks old and the black rubber around the windows looks as if its 7 years old.

Any others have this problem?

Im gonna run it by the dealership this morning...

Old 05-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Default RE: Door Frame Rubber Fading

I had a new rubber strip installed a week ago after my wreck. I did notice that it looked better than the others. I usually use a sealant like Armor All or such and it looks great again for a while. BMW dealerships have a solution called Gumifledge which works very well too and it quiets the seals inside the door frame against any rubbing. A definitely plus for a tightly engineered German car as it ages.

Cheers!

Old 05-23-2007, 02:00 PM
1st Gear

Cheers for that Chef. I've been trying to track down the name of that stuff for a while.

UK based link but now found it here http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...ProductID=9945

Old 05-25-2007, 07:40 AM
1st Gear

Got the 'Gummi Pflege Stift' today. I've applied it to where the squeaks come from and this weekend I'll put it on the faded rubber after the car has had a wash. I'll let you know how I get on.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:20 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: yeffel

Im gonna run it by the dealership this morning...
Any update on this? I've notice the same thing on my car and I haven't had my car, but maybe a month.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
1st Gear

yea i went by the dealership and looked at other cars and there does seem to be some rubber fading on all their cars. the detailers did give me some rubber conditioner and it made the rubber look good agian.

its strange. i thought maybe the tint people jacked the rubber up...but it looks like an audi issue?

Old 05-31-2007, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

adams vrt works great....

Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: yeffel

yea i went by the dealership and looked at other cars and there does seem to be some rubber fading on all their cars. the detailers did give me some rubber conditioner and it made the rubber look good agian.

its strange. i thought maybe the tint people jacked the rubber up...but it looks like an audi issue?
Was it Audi brand or something else?

Old 06-01-2007, 10:57 AM
1st Gear

Just thought I'd let you know that my door seals are still squeak free after using the 'Gummi Pflege Stift'. I know we were originally talking about faded window rubbers but something I have noticed it that where I've applied it to the seals the rubber now has a glossy appearance. Not sure if I'd want this on my exterior trim. I still haven't had chance to wash the car though so I can't say for certain that this would happen. Hopefully this weekend if it ever stops bloody raining.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

its been raining here in too like crazy. I'm in Texas.

Well my original post was about the exterior rubber trim around the windows.

So I guess your talking abou tthe interior rubber? Where did you apply it? Is it for rattles? Maybe I'll look into applying it to my seals...

Quick Reply: Door Frame Rubber Fading