Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

'08 A3: Motorola Droid X bluetooth connection

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
1st Gear
Default '08 A3: Motorola Droid X bluetooth connection

I recently upgraded my old Windows Mobile phone to a Motorola Droid X. The old phone worked well via the bluetooth connection in my A3. I had no problems pairing and connecting the new Droid X with the nav (RNS-E) bluetooth, and the phone re-connects immediately after starting the car. But nothing I've tried makes the phone directory available to the car system. When the left steering wheel [mode] button is pressed, "Please Wait" is displayed. The phone receives calls, originates calls (from both the phone and manually from Nav interface,) but the directory won't transfer from the phone to the car. I've explored Motorola/Android/Audi forums and tried a number of suggestions: Various configurations for the Contact list on the phone, resetting the phone configuration in the Nav, etc. Nothing seems to change the above symptoms. Any information/suggestions/advice/relevant experience would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rjstevens48; 02-25-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi 2008 A6

i have the same issue with my new audi 2008 A6 -i noticed the new droidX is compatible with the 2010 audi but cant find information to upgrade my 2008 so i can download the contact and address book - help! someone! i contcted Audi USA the guy on the phone was absolutely NO HELP- did speak double speak and finally i just hung up! very poor customer service -so if anyone out there can help us please do!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:38 PM
1st Gear
Default Resolved

I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. Since I started it, I've initiated similar threads in other forums, and received no relevant information. It's been nearly a month since I acquired the Droid X and connected with the Nav system in the A3, and yesterday, just for kicks, I hit the [Mode] button and lo and behold, the "Please Wait" display had been replaced by my phone contacts. I can associate the event with no change made in the car or phone environment. Go figure. Must be something in the air. Anyway... all is well and I appreciate all your input. BTW... the version of Android OS in my phone is 2.2.1, as released by Verizon.

Thanks again,
Bob

Old 05-04-2011, 06:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Hey me too

NO WAY! the same happened to me -chain of events -monday I was on my way to airport to pick up my wife -for the first time I had to re-pair my phone at least 3-4 times -then yesterday I was out shopping complaining to my wife about fact that I could not get my address book to download into the car phone -and then there it was!! Who Knew ! - some one was listening ! -thank you Audi or Verizon or both - I did contact Audi about this issue and filled out two surveys -one on my phone experience with a teck at Audi and second one from the Audi Dealer satisfaction survey -I am SOOOOO PLEased that it now all works!