Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Driver info system - stop it from disappearing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:26 PM
3rd Gear
Default Driver info system - stop it from disappearing?

I am looking at a 2015 Prestige Package and after three Audis, I am familiar with most of the technology and features. I am not comfortable with the driver information system that pops up/down in the dash every time the car is started and stopped. I have not had access to the ower's manual, but can anyone tell me if there is a setting to lock it in the "up" position?

My wife takes a lot of short trips and I am afraid of excess mechanical wear and failure over time. We keep our cars for a long time. I looked at an S8 with one of these and the dealer records show it had to be replaced.

If there is no setting that I can apply as the owner, is this something that can be done via VAGCOM?

Finally, any other cautions from A3 owners? This car has the Premium and Premium+ rolled up into the Prestige (including S-Line) which is a lot of nice features. Nicer than my A4 Premium+ in fact. And I believe the 2.0T oil issues were solved well before 2015.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:57 AM
2nd Gear

I have not heard of a way to stop the display from moving through Ross-Tech. Have you asked them directly? As long as you are the original owner and registered user you can post in their forum for assistance - maybe they have figured something out by now (but a Google search revealed that no one has a good solution yet).

This is the only thing I could find but it involves cutting wires which is about the worst solution available if you ask me:
MMI Gear Problem Achieved Temporary Fix - AudiWorld Forums