Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

etron Battery Range

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 12:15 PM
1st Gear
Default etron Battery Range

My first post on this forum. Did a search for this topic didn't see a thread.

I've had my etron since March. Been getting around 12 miles on a charge. It costs me $2/charge. So $.16/mile. Premium gas in San Jose is around $3/gallon. Running the etron in hold battery mode, I can get around 25 miles/gallon. Which works out to be .12/mile.

I realize the battery range will be some what dependent on my driving habits.

I took the car in for service this week and mentioned my battery range and the "tech" said that I could expect any where from 10 miles to 20 miles on a charge. That seems a pretty wide range.

Mainly I use the car for work commute. Three miles each way; probably 8 stop lights. So a lot of starting from a stop. I'm assuming this is why I can only get 12 miles on a charge.

Any other etron owners out there? What are you getting for miles on a charge? What are your driving conditions? Do you turn off the radio and climate control?

Old 01-06-2017, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

I get probably 15 miles on a charge going back and forth to work and out to lunch. I'm driving surface streets with AC/heat as needed, always with radio or SD card playing music. We've only had a couple of cold snaps here in Houston, and those drop the range a few miles at least. Otherwise, it seems that I pretty much get the EPA estimated 16 miles.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

I have had my e-tron 18 months and have covered 60,000 miles in that time. I live in the UK and my motoring in mostly on our highways at between 50 and 70 mph. Typically I am getting 15 to 20 miles per charge. Lots of stop-start traffic takes about 3 miles off. I have the aircon on all the time.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

Took car in for service for recall issue. Asked them to check battery charge as was only getting 12 miles/charge.

Service said to expect any where from 10-20 miles/charge. I thought this was kind of a BS response; kind of like saying you can get 12-24 mpg.

So drove being conscious of my acceleration habits and was able to get 15 miles/charge. I have 7 stop lights between home and work only 3 miles; my commute is full of starts and stops. I don't think this car makes sense for my commute.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

This car looks good and is a good a3 but makes no sense for anyone's commute. I drive 17 miles to and from work and my car gets about 19 miles range in winter and 17 in summer. But the amps at charge and using the 100% on the charger do make a difference.