Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Help - A3 iPod always plays the first song

Old 01-12-2011, 02:49 AM
1st Gear
Unhappy Help - A3 iPod always plays the first song

I have a 2011 A3 TDI with nav, and keep an iPod connected in the glove compartment most of the time. The iPod has 16GB of music, and I'll generally select a particular album or playlist to listen to on my commute. Sometimes (rarely), the iPod interface works as expected, and when I start the car the iPod will begin playing where it left off previously. Most of the time, when the iPod is connected and I start the car, the iPod will start playing the first song on the iPod alphabetically by Artist/Album. This is extremely annoying, and it's really difficult to navigate back to the song/playlist that was playing before (what were Audi's engineers thinking when they designed the awful Nav/Media UI???).

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I don't think it's an iPod problem, because the iPod works as you'd expect when it's not connected in the car. I called the dealer, and they claim there are no software updates available and that they haven't heard of this issue before.

On a related note - does anyone know of any tutorials or instructions on how to use the Nav/MMI UI? I think I've got it figured out, but am holding out hope that the steering wheel controls aren't as useless as they seem. I mostly love my A3, but having lived with the UI for a few months, I'm not sure I'd buy the car again just because it's so difficult to navigate through media and enter items into the maps/nav system using the center console buttons/dials/*****. WTF Audi??!!??

Old 01-12-2011, 03:27 AM
1st Gear

i would suggest to go thru the menu options again before u take it to a dealer.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

Have gone through the menu options a dozen times... there's nothing helpful for iPod settings or iPod music/menu navigation (or for the steering wheel controls, for that matter). Also, if it was related to a menu setting, it wouldn't randomly continue playing from the correct place sometimes, while starting at the first song on the iPod other times.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
1st Gear
Default I Pod problem with AMI

Hello
I have the same problem with the ipod. It reverts to the first artist and song most but not all of the time. This is very annoying especially on short trips as you need to be stoped to find your original playlist safely. I would be greatful for any tips on this. Slieve1