Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

How do you remove the air vent covers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear
Default How do you remove the air vent covers?

I'm going to get my car out of Police Impound next week. (after the theft and crash.) I'm going to get a few minutes to take my personal items out of the car before the tow truck drives it off to the graveyard.I figure I could grab acouple other items as well;

* Air vent covers. I'm thinking about getting a new s-line and I could swap these black ones for the silver ones on the new car.

* Rear bumper/trailer hitch. I had just put a hitch adapter under the rear bumper and I'd like to get it back. I'm wonder how quickly I could remove the rear bumper and get to the four bolts that hold the hitch adapter underneath. Any tips on a quick removal of the rear bumper, or ideas of how long it would take?

Anything else I should try and grab? (if they let me.)

Old 07-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Default RE: How do you remove the air vent covers?

Get the turbo, engine cover, coils, etc.LOL

The vents are a simple pull out to remove. If you use a very small screwdriver then you can pry it out, although it won't matter much if you scrap the dash in that car.

Cheers!

Old 07-28-2007, 02:55 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: How do you remove the air vent covers?

Good one Chef! I'm afraid that anything in front of the passenger area is toast. I'm a little nervous to see everything up close. Haven't been able to yet.

Thanks for the tip.