Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

I need a chip tune...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 PM
2nd Gear
Default I need a chip tune...

So I ran out to Target to pick up a few odds and ends (read: felt like taking the car out to stretch the legs) and as I was coming back home I ended up by this Mk3 GTI. We messed around a bit, just some cat and mouse through traffic. It wasn't really a good place to really open it up -- too many cars around and too many stoplights. Well we get to the part that is my favorite leg of the journey home: a nice, freshly paved, slightly curvy road with little traffic and no stoplights for few miles. They just opened this stretch of road earlier this year and I've never seen a cop out there. Well we were both get onto this stretch and I was kinda hoping he'd open it up a bit. All of a sudden this STI comes up behind us. The Mk3 backed down and said Scuby pulls up next to me and drops the hammer! He absolutely roasted me! I know that even with a chip tune, I'm still not gonna hang with a 300+ hp AWD beast, but at least I could skulk home with a shred of dignity left.

So yeah, this just reinforces how much I need to get chipped. I want to get it done before the end of the year, while I can still take advantage of some of this nice cold air!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I need a chip tune...

or you can get the VF engineering RS/R turbo kit and hunt c63's/m3's.
[sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-08-2007, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

It's a tragedy that a car with such a hideous wing is so damn fast. Even with a chip - you'll still be staring at the rear end of that thing and watching it fade into the distance. My friend has an M3 and still gets dusted by tuned STI's all the time. Regardless, get the chip - you'll be amazed at how much kick it will give your A3. And next time the STI rolls up, smile and be comforted that at least your car has a classy, eye-pleasing body (sans uber-wing).

Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, the GT28 would be nice! Too bad it's 10x the cost of a tune.

I do take some comfort in the fact that my A3 is much easier on the eyes than any STi, not to mention much more luxurious inside. The STi strikes me as more of the 'boy racer' image, and I have a feeling that the cops probably see it the same way!