Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Interior Fan Blower just stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Interior Fan Blower just stopped working

Hey Guys,

I have a 2007 Audi A3 2.0T. The other day, after my car was out in the sun for a while I noticed that the blower for my AC wasn't working. I can turn it up to max, but no air comes out of the vents. Where/What can I inspect? I assume there would be a fuse, and perhaps the fan itself.

Thanks for your help!
Alex

Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 PM
1st Gear

fuse panel is on the side panel next to the steering wheel. you have to pry that open and look in the owners manual to see which fuse it is.

Otherwise the fan blower could be defective, which is behind the glove compartment.

Some people say the resistor array could have gone bad and changed that.

When my went dead, I took some time to troubleshoot it, and eventually was going to remove the glove compartment but I had a trip to make and it was in the middle of winter and there was snow in the forecast. I got one of those helper fans to suck air from the vent, and after a while, the fan started spinning and has been ever since (past winter). It happened soon after I ran over and dragged a garbage can cover. Don't know if it caused it in the first place.