Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Open Sky Roof without S-line or Premium?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 12:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Open Sky Roof without S-line or Premium?

Does anyone have the Open Sky without S-line or Premium (or Convenience)?

Is the Open Sky available (09 or otherwise) without any other trim package? The AudiUSA configurator requires a trim package (s-line or premium) to be added if you want Open Sky. A sales agent told me Open Sky is available as a stand alone - but he didn't look into it, just said 'Yea, no problem'

thanks for a great site.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Default Yes Open Sky is standalone

I have a 2006 Audi A3 2.0t standard with just the open sky, it was hard tracking down one with just that and no premium package, but there is out there

Old 11-19-2008, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

The dealer I bought mine from was able to browse the inventory from other dealers all across the country. I'm sure your dealer can too, and if you can't find what you need, do what I did. Place a special order and the factory will build it for you. The only disadvantage of that is that you wait about 3 months for your Audi to come in.

In my case, I wanted leather (seats and steering wheel) without the OpenSky and it was a rare breed at that time. Placed my order in mid-October '07 and received my Audi early January '08 (although they said it would be mid-Feb before I see it).

If you do, I suggest you "lock" in your negotiated price as the maximum you'd pay, i.e. if the price is lower at delivery, pay the lower current price. If it's higher, then pay the original negotiated price.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:23 PM

I have base w/just open sky . . . The dealer had one on the lot and in the color I wanted

Old 11-19-2008, 09:58 PM

New here, got a question for some Audi experts. What is a third seat? I've got an A3 S-line with a few extras,not many though. Love the car,but unfortunately have to sell. I've had a lot of cars and this is by far the best little car ever. If life events get better will have to buy another. Anyway, third seat?

Last edited by bitrsweety; 11-19-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:20 AM

I heard the term "third seat" used to refer the three rows of seats in SUV's.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Default so many questions

thanks for the answer to last question. Going to sell leaves me with alot of questions the dealer didn't tell me. Bought dealer used 07 A3 13000 miles, found out later that it had been wrecked as a loaner. Didn't know that there was fake leather out there until I read it here. How do you tell? And what exactly is the S-line package include?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:59 PM

Side bolsters, left and right side, of the front seats (and the rear) is leatherette.

Base S-line package includes: stiffer springs, front valence with fogs, rear valence, rear spoiler, 'chrome accents: air vents, around shifter/ashtray, doors, door seal ledge,' driver information display, 16-spoke wheels, S-line badges, leather seating, full function leather steering wheel, S-line grill . . . that's all I can think of without searching the exact features.

I have the Base model

Old 11-20-2008, 09:32 PM

Wow, you knew that and didn't have to research it? Well I suppose that answered the leather question, and about 5 others, thank you. If you don't mind one more? Is the spoiler they refer to above the rear window? I still haven't put an ad in anywhere. This is going to be a hard one to get rid of, but I want to have my information correct. Hard meaning I don't want to. But then it maybe hard to sell with the economy also.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM

Yes, above the rear window. Hard to sell, also yes, but for the right price, you should be able to sell it. Was the damage fixed correctly? Does the car run good? Any current problems? If not, the price might not be affected that much. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Open Sky Roof without S-line or Premium?