Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Problem with radio

Old 07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Default Problem with radio

Hi,

i have some problems with LG radio (with cd) which i just installed to my car, Audi a3 2003. But i think this problem will be with other radios too...

Somehow the audio player loses its power (or almost)time to time when i drive. The difference between working place can be as small as 50 cm.(mostly the audio player doesnt work but then suddently starts working few meters...mostly these working place are always in the same place).

The losed power (or if it is ) can mean two things:

1) player's lcd screen goes from bright to almost dark(hard to see letters) and i dont hear anything radio or cd.

or it can mean

2)player starts blinking its lights and sometimes even reboots itselfs. and i dont hear anything radio or cd.

The player is connected to car with 4 cables in addition to speaker cables(8).

The four cables are: positive cable from battery, ground, power from ignition, and antenna. I have used antenna adapter to convert old antenna plug to be compatible with new player. This adapter doesnt use power.

Why i lose power in some place? could it be that there is something wrong with antenna? I have rechecked and rechecked all cables and all should be fine.

u can see the video of my problem in here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ois6a4S6ieY

Old 07-28-2009, 01:31 PM

May be the ignition switch. Mine was cutting out, off-on, off-on. Dealer changed out the ignition switch - fixed the problem.

Mark
08 Audi A3 11k mi.