Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Pulled the trigger

Finally got the Revo flash for 93 octane and picked up an SPS select to be discreet during trips to the dealer. Power gain for the 3.2 is marginal, yes, but definitely moves the torque curve down to where it needs to be. Installer also said the software will optimize itself while I drive over the next few days.

Fun? YES!

Worth the $? Dunno...jury's still out.

Methinks couple with a new exhaust and maybe a Haldex upgrade down the road and she'll be screamin.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pulled the trigger

formula 1 tint?
what?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:59 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: drumdork03

Finally got the Revo flash for 93 octane and picked up an SPS select to be discreet during trips to the dealer. Power gain for the 3.2 is marginal, yes, but definitely moves the torque curve down to where it needs to be. Installer also said the software will optimize itself while I drive over the next few days.

Fun? YES!

Worth the $? Dunno...jury's still out.

Methinks couple with a new exhaust and maybe a Haldex upgrade down the road and she'll be screamin.
Congrats! I love mine...w/ Milltek exhaust and VF intake. Think I need the Haldex as well!

ORIGINAL: BIGWAVEDAVE

formula 1 tint?
what?
Formula 1 tint is a brand. Good stuff!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:03 AM
1st Gear

Hey - how's your gas mileage been with the reflash? Just curious because mine seems to have decreased substantially so far. I'm trying not to punch the throttle from every stop, so could it be something with the settings?

Old 04-18-2008, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

Who did you get it from - PwrHaus?

Old 04-20-2008, 02:30 AM
1st Gear

Yep, that would be the place!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

there are a few gas milege threads on here reguarding chipping, mine didnt change a bit and I drive faster now after chipping.

I think it got better.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

Going to get in touch with PwrHaus tomorrow. Looks like I'm losing 2-3 mpg with both in town and highway. and i've made it a point to drive fairly conservatively. The guy there told me to expect no significant increase or decrease, but in town might suffer if I punch the throttle a little bit.

The 2.0T chip threadsI've onlytaken with a grain of salt since those drivetrains allow much more play with parameters.

As a followup though, the torque gain is quite a bit more apparent now than when I got the software.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:52 AM
1st Gear

2-3 MPG loss on a chip with conservative driving? OUCH!

Gosh...Audi better hurry up and get TDIs into the US. I gained about 5% MORE efficiency and way better power and torque. Though, to one of the 3.2 boys...when I go back to the States or Canada, will one of you please please let me take a spin?

The 3.2 here is on the A8...not exactly a blistering performance in that big boy!

Old 04-25-2008, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

Still losing around 2 mpg on the highway and 3+ in town, even being very light on the throttle. The tuner (fairly reputable) suggested keeping the settings as-is for the next 2-3 weeks and then changing the fuel and timing if things do not improve. Is this good advice? The 30-day trial period for the 3.2 software will expire at about that time, and I'm not going to keep Revo if I'm consistently staying around 19-20 mpg per tank when i used to get around 23.

For those of you more in the know about how the tables are remapped, do you know what can be manipulated to improve things? Or is it possible the reflash is causing something else to go wrong?

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger