Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

recall?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Default recall?

hey guys i recently went in to the dealer for my 5k maintenance and oil change on my '06 2.0t man. and the first thing service asked me was if i chipped my car (sadly no b/c i still got 3 more yrs. of free maintenance and oil changes ). then he said they had a 'recall' on my car and they had to redo the ECU chip and said it would reset any tuning made. did any1 else had this recall done or heard of it?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Default RE: recall?

Yep. It's the I3 software update and it will erase any aftermarket tuning. Most companies will reflash your software, some will charge a minimal fee. If you don't accept the reflash then they will "list" you as having a modified ECU and may deny certain warranty claims.

Cheers!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

Is there anything fancy with this new software... more power, anything?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:14 PM
1st Gear

is it year specific and do production cars after a certain date already have it?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 PM

Probably, but I'm not sure about the production cut-off. I've declined the reflash a few times and some guys are cool about it, and I had one that was a *****. It all depends on your dealer, service department, and service advisor. I think that the reflash was designed to help solve problems in rough starting, but I'm not sure what else, because I've never agreed to the reflash. Personally, I don't have problems with the current software, so I don't care.

Cheers!

Old 08-09-2007, 09:25 AM
1st Gear

06 and 07 ECU's have different numbers so yes it is year specific. I don't know what the cutoff date is for whether you need it or not. I had mine reflashed by the dealer before I had it flashed by a tuner company. The I3 is not a recall but it is a TSB or Technical Service Bulletin. It cleared some CELs and improved intake air handling. I noticed a smoother engine in terms of handling and powerafter the TSB was performed and before I got flashed by the tuner.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:20 PM
1st Gear

I was in for my 10k checkup and the dealer flashed my ECU. I have noticed no decreases in performance. The engine does seem to "breath" and sound better.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

The TSB is just for 06 model years, or for 07 and possibly the 08 model years too?

Old 08-10-2007, 07:34 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Chef, why don't you just get the I3 and then get your REVO software reflashed? Better safe than sorry, right?

Old 08-10-2007, 11:23 PM

Doesn't really matter at this point. The dealer is working with me and being hush hush about the tuning. The car will be out of warranty this time next year, so I'm not overly worried. Besides, I'm working on having more after-market parts than OEM soon anyway.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: recall?