Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

rear view compass

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:26 PM
1st Gear
Default rear view compass

Do all the A3's have a compas in the rear view? If not, what package does it come with. My manual has the instructions to turn on/off and set the rear view compass but when I follow them, nothing happens. It won't turn on. I am assuming I don't have one and they just include it in ALL the manuals no matter what.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: rear view compass

It's an option. Of course the manual always covers all available options - that's normal.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:38 AM
1st Gear

On my 08 2.0T it came as part of the convenience package. Auto light/rain sensor and auto dimming mirror with integral compass.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:42 AM
1st Gear

just curiosity:where do you use it for in what kind of situations?it's on the option list here in Europe also but why??

Old 10-27-2007, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

I don't think I would have much practical use for it living in Los Angeles, but I just think compass mirrors look really cool. Especially if the directions light up in the cool audi red interior light color. I figured the manual covered all available options and that I don't have that option. Bummer. Thanks guys!

Old 10-27-2007, 07:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hannes

just curiosity:where do you use it for in what kind of situations?it's on the option list here in Europe also but why??

I guess you have never been lost???

I have been lost before but known what direction my destination was. Just follow roads that go in that direction and you eventually get unlost.

Of course i have nav too, so it's kinda redundant but whatever.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

I have an 06 w/ all packages and options (except for nav), and the manual still includes it. There was a discrepancy in the manual that has been dicussed a few times here... a lot of A3s were shipped w/ manuals that appear to indicate that the car has the compass when it really doesn't.

Grr!!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:30 PM
2nd Gear

I'm pretty sure that the compass mirror was never offered in the US until the '08 model (if anyone knows otherwise please correct me). That is weird that it is in your manual for '06. Perhaps it was available in other markets and they just use the same manual everywhere.

My manual mentions a few things about the trip computer that I've never seen. For example, it says that the trip computer will remind you to take a break after every 2 hours of continuous driving, but I've never seen this come up.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:47 AM

That's true. My manual says that if I'm driving alone, on a dark street, after 10pm at night, a vulumptuous Swedish woman will appear in the passenger seat to keep me "company" until I park and leave the car, or until the next sunrise. But, I've never had it happen.[] LOL

Cheers!

Old 10-28-2007, 11:35 PM
1st Gear

Not yet, chef

Quick Reply: rear view compass