Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Sport Package Driver's Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:45 AM
1st Gear
Default Sport Package Driver's Seat

All, I've just recently purchased an 06 Sport pkg. I have to say first that I absolutely love this car. A very fine automobile indeed.

The problem is that the car is small, but I am not so small. I am a big guy (6'1, 300lbs). My leg room is great and the overall cabin space is good too. But the sporty seat doesn't agree with me. The problem is the metal framing on the bottom sides of the seat.

Does anyone know where I can get a car seat modified? or even if that is possible? This is like the perfect car, but a slightly wider seat or an absence of the side metal framing would be ideal for the larger drivers.

Thanks.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:56 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Sport Package Driver's Seat

I would stop by your dealer and ask them what they can do

Old 05-21-2007, 07:25 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I don't think the dealercan "modify" the seats.

The least expensive option would be to post here, vwvortex.com, and maybe audizine.com to see if someone with an A3 with similar mileage, seat color and condition wants to trade your Sports seats with his/her Premium seats.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

blka3ntx:

What is the difference between the sport and premium seat?? Does the sport have better thigh bolsters? I also wondered if I could somehow get more padding in the drivers seat and afriend of mine told me to check with an automobile upholsterer. They cancustomize to your specifications with some restrictions.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:53 AM
1st Gear

Having looked at the parts diagram for the seat, the seat base has 2 tubular bars that come up from the base in an inverted U (1 on each side). In theory all you need to do is strip the seat base off, heat the base of the bars and bend them out.

However, this will probably take 2-3 hours per seat at the least and may be more complicated with airbags and heated seats etc

Old 06-01-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

The sides of the seat come up a little higher. I 've been meaning to check out an upholsterer, but I think I am actually getting used to it. I only had the car for 2 days when I started this thread.