Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Sunroof (closed) Wind Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 10:53 AM
1st Gear
Default Sunroof (closed) Wind Noise?

I've had my A3 with Open Sky for a year now and love it, but one thing that's driving me crazy is the wind noise that I hear with the sunroof closed. At 65+ mph, I hear a low pitchhumming noise. If I push up slightly on the sunroof with my hand it goes away.

I took my car into HBL Audi of Tyson's Corner, VA a couple weeks ago to have them look at it (and rotate the tires which took TWO DAYS!) but I'm still having the problem.

Have any of you encountered this issue? If so, have you been able to fix it? What was the remedy?

Thanks!

Old 07-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Default RE: Sunroof (closed) Wind Noise?

I had that problem on rare occasion, but my Open Sky was rattling too. They tightened everything up and I haven't hadeither problem again. The Audi dealer did that plus 5 other things in about 4 hours. WTF, 2 days to rotate tires and fix the sunroof??? Sounds like you need a different dealer.

Cheers!

Old 07-28-2007, 11:02 AM
1st Gear

Believe me, I bitched them out about the 2 day waiting period. I even had an appointment with them! It's not like I just walked in the door one day. They weren't very apologetic either. At least they gave me a free rental car.

I guess I'll take it back to them to see if they can fix it. I had Open Sky rattles when I first got the car but they seemed to work themselves out.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:15 AM

There has to be more than 1 dealer around the DC area. Might be worth a change?

Old 07-28-2007, 12:32 PM
1st Gear

which DC dealership?

Old 07-28-2007, 03:11 PM
1st Gear

joelsindc: HBL of Tyson's Corner. My service experience there was horrible.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:45 AM
1st Gear

DCA3: can't say I have the same problem..I've noticed how quiet the car is at all speeds with windows/open sky closed.(Granted my previous car was 11 years old - integra) I'll pay attention again today.

Bummer about HBL. I had horrific sales experience at Alexandria Audi. Finally bought at Ticher Silver Spring(awesome sales manager Frank Gomez), HBL did replace one of my tires. I was surprised I couldn't walk in and get it done, but they did give me a loaner for the day, so not that bad...

this site use to rate/review dealerships..HBL was actually decent(take in mind not many people have a good experience and log on to mention it):http://1.8t.org/ looks like they're down now..not sure what other websites are good for this...

Old 07-31-2007, 11:43 AM

yeah i have the same problem...it's like a humming, buzzing noise at about 80 mph...i will mention it to them on thursday when i bring the car in. hopefully there is a fix for it.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

I have noticed the problem also... opening and closing the open sky (sometimes a few times) has fixed this problem for me.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 AM

I know it's a problem. Sometimes certain lcips fall off without you noticing and sometime with all the wind jarring it it usually just needs tightened..

Quick Reply: Sunroof (closed) Wind Noise?