Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

The top 10 researched cars by gays right now...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:56 PM
1st Gear
Default The top 10 researched cars by gays right now...

The top ten most researched cars over at www.gaywheels.com from April through June of this year are as follows.

1. Toyota Yaris
2. Saab 9-3 (sedan and convertible)
3. Mazda MX-5
4. Volkswagen Jetta
5. VW EOS
6. Dodge Caliber
7. Toyota Camry
8. Audi A3
9. VW Rabbit
10. Infiniti FX

EDIT: Some people aren't very happy with this post, so could a moderator please close or delete it? Don't want to offend anyone.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: The top 10 researched cars by gays right now...

Probably just the 2.0 version. Just teasing!

Old 07-24-2007, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

Old 07-24-2007, 07:51 PM
2nd Gear

Haha, before purchasing my A3 I also looked at the Saab 9-3 and the VW Jetta. I think I made the right choice.

BTW, I'm not gay.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:29 PM
1st Gear

Who gives a s*&t? This post has discriminatory undertones, and it has no place here. Would you post "top 10 cars researched by African Americans"?

No, I am not gay. I'm happily married with 3 kids. I just believe that sexual orientation is a genetic trait, not a choice.

This post is offensive and adds absolutely zero value to this forum. Your membership should be revoked.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: jwt713
This post is offensive and adds absolutely zero value to this forum. Your membership should be revoked.
Wow, seriously not my intention to offend, though I do see how it comes off that way. I'd be more than happy to close this (though I cant) or at the very least edit it to have nothing.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

Apologies if I came on too strong. I have gay friends that are some of the best hearted, most intelligent people I know. They deal with a lot of unnecessary crap every day. They are just trying to live their own lives in peace.

I appreciate your integrity and dignified response, Jeratain.

No need for anyone to pile on here - best to just let this go.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

No, you were very right in posting that. My post did not begin (in the way that it was formed) with what seemed like the greatest of intentions.

Now this may sound like a pathetic way to "make amends," but I lived in San Francisco up until last year for four years. One of my best friends is lesbian, one of my flatmates was gay, and I know many gay people. I have no issues at all and they are the same as any one else, simply with a different sexual preference. I honestly should know better than to post something that would be offensive, and I didn't do a good job at that.

I saw this article posted on Engadget today and noticed that the A3 was listed and figured to post it here.

Thanks for understanding. I'd still like this to be closed if possible.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

No worries - looks like we are on the same page.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
2nd Gear

I certainly hope my reply did not seem to imply any sort of bigotry- that was not my intent. I was attempting to be humorous about the situation, but definitely not malicious. By posting this list on an A3 enthusiast forum, it would seem to imply that homosexuals have good taste since they are fond of the same car that we all obviously love.

Quick Reply: The top 10 researched cars by gays right now...