Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:23 AM
1st Gear
Default For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).

I went to the dealership past tues. for 25K service and
the service guy told me that I will need(required) to get this updates done.
So, I requested detailed documentation (link below).
Unless I am wrong.. I think they reset my chip, b/c after I picked up my car,my ride felt different.

this is effective for next 15 month.
I am all fine with this.. but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

RVU (required vehicle update) doc

Old 03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).

Is this considered the I5 reflash?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).

I actually just got back from the dealer for getting a bulb fixed and an oil change and they informed me of the software update. I don't think think its the reflash but the service executive did ask if i had any tuning chips in the car because they would probably be erased in the process.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

ut oh... this is not going to be good for people with chips..

Old 03-07-2008, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

my shop gives free giac reflashes when this stuff happens, just pay the labor. $50

Not too bad

Old 03-07-2008, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

is this something that will happen EVERY time I go to the dealer? Or just once? I ask because I am about to chip my car. If it's just going to happen one time, then I am going to take my car in for an oil change, and THEN chip my car. If it is going to happen everytime, I am not going to chip my car.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

I don't think this happens every time.
But whenever this happens,I think they post either TSB (Tech. Service Bulletins) or Recall.
However, I was not able find TSB I posted initially from the pagein below link.
(if anyone else know a better link from AUDI.. plz let us kno)

Audi TSB and Audi Recalls

I don't think we have control overthis kinda stuff.
It is totally up to AUDI guys.

poor us.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
2nd Gear

One more reason to buy a flash loader

Old 03-07-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: GoSkins

is this something that will happen EVERY time I go to the dealer? Or just once? I ask because I am about to chip my car. If it's just going to happen one time, then I am going to take my car in for an oil change, and THEN chip my car. If it is going to happen everytime, I am not going to chip my car.
It appears that this specific update is only for A3 up to '07. Which makes sense because I just got my 5k service done yesterday and the service mgr didn't mention anything about the ECM. So you shouldn't need this specific update.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

If all you 08er's check out the document out its only for the 05-07 A3's (oh and A4's) They already fixed the problems in your ECU now they have to update all of us older versions. I do know that there is a key error that is starting to show up were you can use your keyless entry one moment and the you next you can. I just got that info from my dealership when I scheduled my 15K service.

Quick Reply: For ur next dealership visit.. know the RVU (required vehicle update).