Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Raced an RX8

Old 01-22-2007, 04:55 AM
2nd Gear
Default Raced an RX8

With the absence of Nam we haven't had that many "I raced a ___ today and I beat it" threads. So, in tribute, here's my story.

The weekend was pretty rough for me as I had to work since I was on call. My usual methods to relieve stress is to take the car out for a spin and I did just that. But, before I could start I needed a full tank of gas and some grocieries. So off I go to the local market followed by a quick trip to the gas station. After sqeezing out 12 gallons which took 12 minutes to pump since everyoneelse was pumping 91 in their tanks at everypost I took off.

Down I go on Irvine blvd and see a nice TSX doing about 80 in a 50 and decided to pass on that. I needed something a lil more fun. I decided to make a U turn and waited at a signal light. Just then I heard a sweet high pitched rumble pass me by. A quick look into the mirror revaled it was an RX8. I decided I should buckle up my two bags of grocieries just in case... safety first... and I made the U.

Catching up to the 8 Itailed him a bit and noticed he had amodified suspension, single 3" exhaust (loud), and some rim tire combo. He then threw his ciggy out the window and blasted his exhaust a few times which sounded too good to be true from a two rotar. Win or lose I decided to go for it. I got to his right... looked over... and gunned it. We were pretty much even until he had to shift . Within a few seconds I had one car on him and had to merge into his lane to avoid a SUV. We were at about 90mph and he still wouldn't let up. I quickly go through the "going over 100mph" checklist in my head anddecided to oblige and thunder on.After a few secondsI get fuel cut and my engine loses power for a moment. Before going WTF I look down and I notice I'm doing 135. I was actually quite impressed because there were quite a few curves and the car held it together real well.Soon Ilook back and noticed I only gained 3-4 cars. I get off the throttle a bit and let him catch up for round two which ended with me ahead by 2-3 cars. I decided to slow down since we were coming up to a shopping center and watched him blast by. I pull a u turn and saw him pull a u turn one block ahead. "Not again" I say and soon he catches up. Luckily it seemed he was done for the night as was I. It turns out he lives real close to me. 4 blocks to be exact. Looks like we might have a few more encounters [:-]

Old 01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Default RE: Raced an RX8

Nice!

I'm glad he was modified or that would have been a total slaughter. It'd be interesting to find out what he's done to the car.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:39 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah go talk to him night and ask him what he's got under his hood, tell him your the guy who wupped him. very nice kill. Oh dont forget love thy neighbor.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

It's sad how much mazda overrated that poor rotary engine. It's a disgrace to the RX7.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:24 AM
5th Gear

nice man

Old 01-25-2007, 07:27 AM
1st Gear

Gotta Love it!!!
GOTTA HATE THE SPEED LIMITER!!!

Old 01-25-2007, 07:35 AM
5th Gear

a chip will make quick work of that limiter
ORIGINAL: 4RINGSROD

Gotta Love it!!!
GOTTA HATE THE SPEED LIMITER!!!

Old 01-30-2007, 04:08 AM
SoCal Crew Member

nice kill, my friend has an rx8 and is looking into an A3

Old 01-06-2008, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

Props for beating him, but the Rx8 was never meant to be a drag car. My brother has one and we do DEs regularly and he abolutely rapes on the track. I mean vettes, 911s, anything. The car never loses grip, it's insane. It's definitely more of a track car but still nice job in the win, and his rotary probably burned like a full liter of oil during your little encounter haha

Old 01-06-2008, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

nice kill i pulled a g35 just last weekend !!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raced an RX8