Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****accelerating uphill******

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Default ****accelerating uphill******

hey, i have a 2002 1.8T, withapr stage1 software. when i accelerate hard up a hill when the rpms are below 3k, there is a rumbling or vibrating sound that seems to be comming from the engine.It usually only happensin 5th gear while on the highway accelerating up a hill. I've read other discussions about the clutch slipping causing noises likethisorvibrationin the turbo. once the rpms get around or above 3k the noise gets softer and disappears. This has been going on for a whileso i have just been taking it easier up hills or just living with the noise because it hasn't caused any problems so far. I just wanted to know your opinions on this or what it may actually be.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:05 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: full throttle up hill ???

uh, downshift ?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
4th Gear

Use the stick like thing between the 2 front seats to lower the gear. Don't forget to push in the pedal furthest to the left when you do this.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

+1
uh, downshift ?
But seriously. Any stick car will do this if you have the gear to high at to low of an rpm going up hill, its more prominent in a car like the A4 due to tall gear ratios then it would be in some other cars.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:41 PM

hahahahha, does your car also seem to shake and then turn off when you come to a stop.....

Old 02-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Site Moderator

guys when im in 2nd gear/full throtlegoing about 65mph downhillthe engine is really loud and it just doesnt seem to go any faster.. and my mpg has gone way down... i heard this has to do with the torque converter not locking up... I just wanted to know your opinions on this or what it may actually be.

jk but come on.. how long have you been driving stick man?

Old 02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

guys when im in 2nd gear/full throtlegoing about 65mph downhillthe engine is really loud and it just doesnt seem to go any faster.. and my mpg has gone way down... i heard this has to do with the torque converter not locking up... I just wanted to know your opinions on this or what it may actually be.

jk but come on.. how long have you been driving stick man?
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]Thats great

Old 02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
1st Gear

LOL onepoint8tee I always call that the ricer flyby, when they sit there in 2nd gear reving the **** out of it tryin to show off.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:39 PM
3rd Gear

Wow, way to bog the egnie and cause unneeded wear... full throttle in 5th uphill at 2krpm? Not exactly a smart thing to do if you want your engine/clutch to last.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:58 PM

ok first of all, fu*k all of you. obviously you have no idea what i am talking about and obviously don't know ****. i just gave 3krpm as an example, so your saying that if i am crusin and my rpms are aroud 3k or and need to accelerate up hill i should downshift???? screw that. i obviously know that if my rpms are at 2k then i need to downshift *** hole. My point is that the rpms are high enough to make boost and it accelerates fine, just that it makes a loud engine noise, its not boggingdown at all. i guess that just because i don't have thousands of posts all you idiots think i am new to audi and don't know ****. you guys are rediclious.

Quick Reply: ****accelerating uphill******