Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 3.2 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 09:29 AM
1st Gear
Default A4 3.2 help

Major oil issue,
Bought the car about 6 weeks ago...Minor oil loss no more then what I have read about Audi, BUT now I seem to be putting oil in every other day, Low oil sensor comes on atleast 1 a week. No husband noticed oil coming from tailpipes. And of course when I stop at the stop sign or lights smoke is all under the front. Can anyone give me some insight so I don't get sidelined by a mechanic? My husband is out of the country for about 3 weeks.
Thanks,

Old 06-19-2015, 09:22 AM
2nd Gear

Open the hood when the engine is hot to try and see where the smoke is coming from. Will help direct you to the issue. Aslo, make sure oil cap and dipstick are closed/in place. On a 3.2 you should not have to put oil in as often as you do. Oil through the exhaust could be a major issue. That could indicate bad piston rings and or a blown head gasket. Also, check you coolent to see if you may have oil mixing with it. If you have a trusted mechanic it is probably a good idea to have it checked soon.