Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a4 performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 07:27 PM
1st Gear
Default a4 performance upgrades

hello, i am getting an a4 next weekend and just want to know about some performance upgrades that i can do. even if my deal falls through, my buddy has one he wants to hook up a little. they are both 2.8's.

the one i am looking at is a 1999 a4 2.8l quattro. what can be done to get some POWER out of this baby? also, when parts are given, pleas eprovide a place to get these parts. not too expensive either.

thanks in advance for all the help!!

Old 07-30-2006, 07:37 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: a4 performance upgrades

Not much can be done to the 2.8. If you want to do upgrades, get a 1.8 turbo. You can get anything for those cars.
Chips-500
exhaust- 800-1000
filter-50

and you are running over 220 by then! They are fun cars to upgrade.
The 2.8 is limited being a NA car. Upgrades are expensive!

Old 07-30-2006, 07:39 PM
4th Gear

Unless you plan on spending over 5000 for a supercharger you won't get any POWER from that motor. more info

Old 07-30-2006, 07:44 PM
3rd Gear

dude if you put an intake/exhaust/headers/chip/pulleys you have a good chance of running a solid 14.8-14.9.... which is decently quick, but like others have already said, unless you plan on spending $5000 for a supercharger, youll never be able to make BIG power, but your car has potential to be peppy and quick, just not FAST!

but there is nothing wrong with a 4dr luxury car being peppy...its actually a nice dose of both worlds..

Old 07-30-2006, 07:44 PM

Audi Aftermarket? It Does Exist
I am the proud owner of a 2001 2.8-liter A4. There is only one problem I’m having with this car: I want it to go faster. Everyone that I’ve talked to about aftermarket parts for the engine either say it can't be done or that there are not parts for it. I think this is highly unlikely and know there must be some engine upgrades that will turn my car into the lethal street weapon that I know that it is capable of being.
Andrew Dwyer
via the Internet

I don’t know who you are talking to, but there are definitely a host of performance parts available for your 2001 30V. Give the guys at PES Tuning a call (www.pes-tuning.com/). They can hook you up with their G2 supercharger system, which will put you near 300 hp. While it doesn’t make supercar numbers, this kit will certainly make a significant difference in your current performance levels.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:15 PM
4th Gear

One problem I have with the PES supercharger, which by the way is the only one available, is the fact that is its only about 260WHP. Yea with custom engine, intake, headers, exhaust, you could push close to 290whp but thats ALOT of money only to gain about 100hp. Versus a 1.8T which which you could go over 230whp and more torque with less money. If you really wanna make power then you gotta drop the block then re-bore and stroke the internals. Audi should have increased the displacement in the first place, a car this heavy should of started with atleast a 3.2 motor. I blame Audi being cheap for the lack of tuner potential in the 2.8 motor. Forget supercharging and get a S4.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:44 PM
1st Gear

first off, i asked what i can do to a 2.8, so for all of those who told me about what i can do to the 1.8, dont waste your time. and thanks for those who responded to the 2.8 performance parts. i dont want a 1.8l turbo 4-cylinder, i want the 2.8l v6.

to those who posted about exhaust, and whatnot. where/who is a good company to get headers, downpipe, high flow cat, cat-back, the whole thing. i cant find headers anywhere and best intake in your opinions. also, where to get pulleys?

i just want to know what parts i can get for the 2.8 to get some more power out of her. i dont want to know what isnt available, what i cant get, what it isnt capable of, just basic things i can do. so sorry for the attitude, and please just give all info on some parts to get the most kick.

Old 07-30-2006, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

and its not that i want the car to be fasttt. i just want to have a luxury sedan that will be the neighbors civic, ya know?

Old 07-30-2006, 10:51 PM
3rd Gear

you car will already destroy a civic SI with bolt-ons..

check ebay for a lot of the things... neuspeed/GIAC/etc makes a chip for the 30v 2.8, and greddy makes a cat back exhaust, but you could probably go to meineke and get a custom one made for half the price...

intakes are all over ebay, a short shifter would make the car a lot more exciting to drive.

search ebay, pestuning and check the 2.8 30v sticky link at the top of the A4 forums, there is some useful info in there i think, i havnt checked that thread in a while so i dont remember exactly what is in there..

Old 07-30-2006, 11:14 PM
1st Gear

thanks! and i have a friend at mineke who would make me an exhaust for even cheaper. i told him for the header back, eliminate the cat. he said he'd have to see it before he made the exhaust, but i know it wouldnt be more than a greddy.

so, header back exhaust, intake, short throw shifter, and chip? any other little parts to spruce it up?

Quick Reply: a4 performance upgrades