Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Radio Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 11:59 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 Radio Antenna

My radio never worked, I finally want to fix it but I can't locate the antenna wire, that I suspect to be the reason why my BOSE radio does not work. The CD works fine, fuse is ok....You guys have any idea how to reach the antenna?
Thank you

Old 01-31-2005, 12:03 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: A4 Radio Antenna

So you've removed the radio and have found no evidence of an antenna wire?

Old 01-31-2005, 12:06 AM
1st Gear

Nope, Have to buy those tools to remove the radio, I looked around the ampli in the left side of the trunk, I didn't had much time today, I was looking for informations before starting to look around.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear

I'm assuming you mean the horrible reception the Bose radios get. I've got the same one, and there isn't much you can do. AM is the worst. I even tried an antenna booster when I was in Michigan. Bad idea, it created a wicked ground loop problem and I couldn't take the hum. If you do get the keys to take the radio out, it takes about 4 seconds to do. Make sure youou have your radio code before you disconnect the power from the radio. The dealers now charge you 35 buck to get the code for you. I've decided to get Sirius because I'm tired of driving in and out of reception all day.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:16 AM
6th Gear

Well the antenna is built into the rear window. There is also a antenna amplifier close to the window. There should be a harness that goes from the window up to the radio of course.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:19 AM
1st Gear

Well it picks up ONE station, I believe the antenna is broken or disconnected...I have "hissing" static noises on any other frequence.

ORIGINAL: Doose

I'm assuming you mean the horrible reception the Bose radios get. I've got the same one, and there isn't much you can do. AM is the worst. I even tried an antenna booster when I was in Michigan. Bad idea, it created a wicked ground loop problem and I couldn't take the hum. If you do get the keys to take the radio out, it takes about 4 seconds to do. Make sure youou have your radio code before you disconnect the power from the radio. The dealers now charge you 35 buck to get the code for you. I've decided to get Sirius because I'm tired of driving in and out of reception all day.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:22 AM
1st Gear

Great, I'll start checking the rear window removing the rear panel where the speakers are. When I bought the car the WW dealer ( selling also used AUDIs ) could not figure out where th e problem was, and they removed all the panels covering the line from the BOSE in front to the rear seats. I assume that the problem could be closer to the rear window then.

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

Well the antenna is built into the rear window. There is also a antenna amplifier close to the window. There should be a harness that goes from the window up to the radio of course.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:38 AM
6th Gear

Does your car have tinted windows?

Old 01-31-2005, 02:14 AM
1st Gear

No....why?

Old 01-31-2005, 03:29 AM

i have bad reception too. I have replaced the radio with an aftermarket but it didn't get any better, but i dont really care cause i just listen to my ipod sice i got that new alpine thing.

Quick Reply: A4 Radio Antenna