Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abs problem, can anyone help??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:49 AM
1st Gear
Default Abs problem, can anyone help??

Hey guys im new to the audi scene/site as I just bought a 01 audi a4 1.8 and im having a little trouble with my abs system. Well when I bought the car it had the abs light on and brake light blinking on the dash and I was told it was a bad abs module so I sent my abs unit to module masters and had it rebuilt, well I hooked it back up and it cleared the lights off the dash but now when I go to brake im getting a knocking in my brake pedal 90% of the time. It happens when im almost at a complete stop and it feels like a knocking/abs kicking on. Do you guys have any idea's? I just did brakes and rotors all round last weekend but that didn't help the problem. I appreciate any help or idea's. Thanks guys!

Old 12-16-2015, 11:31 AM
2nd Gear

Could be control arms...but I'm going to say it could be warped rotors, or as simple as your brake pads not installed firmly. They may LOOK right and firm, but it could just be the brake pads are loose. I would start with the pads since it's an simple fix and check your rotors.

Basically your ABS is engaging because one of your wheel sensors is off from the others due to 'something' not being correct or off.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by markymarc
Could be control arms...but I'm going to say it could be warped rotors, or as simple as your brake pads not installed firmly. They may LOOK right and firm, but it could just be the brake pads are loose. I would start with the pads since it's an simple fix and check your rotors.

Basically your ABS is engaging because one of your wheel sensors is off from the others due to 'something' not being correct or off.
Hey marky thanks for the reply but it was having this problem before and after I did new brakes and rotors all the way around. Any other ideas guys? I just did new brakes and rotors all round and had my abs module repaired but it still does it. Thanks for any help guys.