Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS warning light alongside Brake light indicator

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 12:20 AM
tp
Default ABS warning light alongside Brake light indicator

When I'm on the freeway the ABS warning light comes on with a beep alongside the brake light indicator. After about 30 seconds, they both go away. This has happened randomly for about (2) days. Before I take it in to the dealership, anyone else having the same troubles? Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Old 08-18-2004, 12:41 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: ABS warning light alongside Brake light indicator

Could be a few things...

-Brake dust on the wheel speed sensors.

-Bad brake switch

-Bad ABS Sensor

-ABS Module

Old 08-18-2004, 04:29 AM
tp

it has to be something like that -- just had brakes checked couple months ago and they seem to be fine. i don't trust the censors.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:48 AM
2nd Gear

you can cleen the abs sensors. some times dirt gets in the sensor area and disrupts the signal. the sensor should be on the caliper. just wiggle it out (be careful) then wipe it down and try to cleen the hole were the sensor goes. then just put it back in. realy ezey to do. did mine when i replaced my brake pads.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:37 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to the forum tp!

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with the need. I hope you find it to your liking as well.

If you're not familiar with this forum, please click the START HERE! link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.