Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi a4 2.0l s

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 03:47 PM
1st Gear
Default audi a4 2.0l s

hi all new here so bear with me and sorry if this is posted in wrong place ! right my audi seems very thirsty ok its a auto i apricate they do use more fuel than manuals , but ! when i move the stick left to change gear when i want it seems to be forth not 5th ? but ive only done 40 miles and used 1/4 tank of fuel ?
according to the paperwork ive got it has a service 3 months ago the oils nice and clean so is air filter !
1/ could i have a major gearbox fault ?
2/ anything i could check myself avoiding main dealers ?
3/ the paperwork suggests everything thats been faulty has been done reguardless of cost

and advice most welcome thanks all

Old 09-29-2014, 11:14 AM
2nd Gear

If it is an auto you should be able to leave it in "D" and let it change the gears. Sounds like you are manually shifting the car. You don't mention the year or if it is a quatro. You should be able to get twice (or more) the mileage out of your car. At your rate you would only get 160 miles from a tank full.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:13 AM
1st Gear

I hope you don't have the same issue like my 2008 a4. My mileage start to drop and notice my fuel gauge would drop more when at idle waiting like 5 minutes to pick some one up. So my a4 cam follower and high pressure fuel pump premature wear. I have only around 83k on it but the thing that suck is i email Audi of America and told them those items premature wear. Sorry we need dealership to confirm that's the problem and how do you know that's the problem? Told them I work for a volkswagen/ Audi dealership fixing this vehicle for 13 years. Now my vehicle is there over a month seating there Audi said work with dealer and dealer tells me work with audi.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:19 AM
1st Gear

yes sorry chaps its on a 52 plate with 109k (with as far as i can make out full service history mostly main dealer and a stack of recipts most over £500 a time) , on clock the fuel consumption is ok thank god it was me panicing managed to squeeze 70 miles to a quarter of fuel in fact my fears have been put to rest now i well impressed with it to be honest glad i swapped my bmw for it far far more superior car