Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi a4 2006 need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 01:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi a4 2006 need help

Hi guys, sorry if I'm doing something wrong I'm A) new to this site and B) not too familiar with forums.
Anyway, lets get down to business.
So I absoultely fell in love witht his audi when i saw it and have been looking for a good a4 for a while now, my dad is very skeptical about buying used cars and doesn't believe me when i tell him that if the car is well maintained ti can last up to 200k even 300k miles. Also as I have done enough research I can't help but notice that this car is very under priced, and you'll notice he claims to have all the repairs done and even has extra things
Audi A4 2.0 Turbo Automatic 4 Door
My dad said if the car has no problems and everything is ok then we can get it. The problem is I just called the guy this morning and he said someone is coming to check the car out tonight and is driving 2 hours to see it, so he thinks he buyer is probably going to take it. Also while i was speaking with him on the phone he even dropped the price to 6k. He said i would have to put a deposit on the car if he wanted me to hold it for me so no one would buy it. I just want to see if any audi a4 savi people out there can check out the specs on the car and tell me if its ok because I can't seem to find anything wrong and the price is ridiculously cheap. new sound system? new tires?brakes?rims?etc, etc, he even did the timing belt and water pump, etc so it has just been serviced. Is it worth rushing through today to get to him and put the deposit down? I am in LOVE with this car, I mean where have you seen a package like this before? Thanks so much guys.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear

You really need to go and check the car out and drive it. the ad is wrong as the trans is a 6 speed, not a 7 speed (probably just a typo). I see an aftermarket stero so the steering wheel controls may not work anymore. Can't tell alot form the pics, but it does look nice.

Also, does not appear to be a Quatro. In Florida that might not be a big deal to you.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rhodes991
You really need to go and check the car out and drive it. the ad is wrong as the trans is a 6 speed, not a 7 speed (probably just a typo). I see an aftermarket stero so the steering wheel controls may not work anymore. Can't tell alot form the pics, but it does look nice.

Also, does not appear to be a Quatro. In Florida that might not be a big deal to you.
Yeah I was looking at the 7 speed thing and thought the same. As for the steering wheel controls I don't really mind that much for two reasons, the car is gorgeous and the aftermarket stereo makes it worth it to me. And yeah I'm not too picky about Quattro vs the fwd turbo. My only concern is why the price is so low? I talked to the guy and he said he drives a truck because he makes better mileage so I'm assuming it's just that he wants to get rid of it. Do you get any red flags looking at this ad?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:11 PM
2nd Gear

He gets better fuel mileage from a truck? I get around 22 to 26 mpg in my quatro A4 (a FWD should do a mile or two better). Have a mechanic take a look at it.

According to Kelley Blue Book the car is worth around $5500 (good condition) to $6200 (excellent condition), so I wouldn't consider it cheap but proced about right. I didn't change any defualt settings so no added value for the rims or stereo.