Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi A4+iphone: lost some names with voice recognition?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 01:04 AM
1st Gear
Default audi A4+iphone: lost some names with voice recognition?

Hello all.

Just registered to ask this question:
i have an audi A4 avant that is a little bit less than 1 year old.
i have been using my iphone with bluetooth since then without problems. I use voice recognition to state the callers name and everything was working as intended.

2 days ago, i gave a friend's name, i call him regularly without problems and the voice recognition system tells me there is no one with this name. i try again, same result.
i use my phone to select the guy's name and call him and his name doesn't appear on the interface of the car as it does with people with a name. it's just a number.

it appears that the car lost the definition of some people in my contact list, not all of them. i can call my mom, but not some of my friends.

the car did not go to the garage so i guess theres no change there.
i did not update my phone
i remember falling asleep while typing on my phone and when i opened my eyes i was in the bluetooth menu with the connection of the car opened, but i don't think i clicked anything... yet, just to be sure, i erased the bluetooth connection on my phone and redefined my car as usual, but it didn't solve the problem.

Does it ring a bell to someone ?
would there be a reason for loosing some names, but not all of them?
so far i only lost 3 names, but the 3 names had just 1 number (no selection of mobile or house phone after the name) so i don't know if it's a pattern or not ...

can someone guide me towards an action to solve that?

thanks