Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A4 issue starting issue (temporarily solved)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 03:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A4 issue starting issue (temporarily solved)

Hey guys, I have an Audi A4 1.8lt turbo (2005) and I've been having issues lately while starting the car. About 4 weeks ago I got a rear view camera-mirror installed. Two weeks later the car wouldn't start. A day later it mysteriously started working fine. Then a few days later the left main headlight burnt out (not sure if this is related to the issue though). Then last week it wouldn't start but it did turn over every time. I tried jumping it but that didn't work either. I then removed the battery and took it to autozone and adanced auto and they both said the battery was in perfectly good shape. I then put the battery back in and weirdly the car started again!

So I'm wondering, could the rear view camera installation had anything to do with the issues?

Old 04-11-2016, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear

I wouldn't have thought so. But, and there is always one of those, with cars these days anything is possible. Since you had multiple issues after installing it sure would seem like it did. You might check to make sure the connections are all good and sealed.