Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Radio light

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Radio light

HI
Can someone tell me when the doors are locked on a audi a4 1998 why does the radio lights still remain on. The radio is actually off but the lights for the buttons remain illuminated.

Umesh

Old 01-21-2007, 08:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Radio light

Did you forget to turn off your lights all the way?

Old 01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
1st Gear

yeah definatley nothing is on when you push the radio button in the lights go out but come on when everything else is off. IVe left it for an hour and you can see the door leds flashing but the radio remains illuminated

Old 01-21-2007, 09:39 PM
3rd Gear

is the radio on? if my radio is on and i turn off my car it turns off too. but if my car is off and i turn on the radio it comes on even if there is no key in the ignition

Old 01-22-2007, 07:08 AM
1st Gear

Exactly the same but for some reason the radio lights comes on the display on the radio is off just the lights which highlight the buttons. I checked this morining as its been on overnight same thing lights where on used the key fob to open the doors entered the car started the car and the lights turned off put the lights on and they came on. In just worrying that the radio at night is all illiminicated and the battery may die.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:36 PM

My Audi did the same thing, and I think it's a feature they have where you can run the radio on without a key. But if the radio lights are on when you have just turned the key to off and pulled the key out. Then I believe you have a problem.

Check and see if there are any modifications in the wiring harness. The HU could be bad also.

Oh yeah, don't forget to save your radio code before anything. =)

Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 PM
5th Gear

when i take my key out, my radio lights go off too. if i want to, i can push the power button in and then push it again and the radio will turn on without the key in the ignition but my subs wont hit, but when you turn the car off it should definitely go out

Old 01-22-2007, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the reply

at present i have taken the fuse out from the side number 37 to stop it totally worried about getting a dead battery.

It very strange as you can listen to the radio press the **** in and it will go off totally and then few seconds later the lights come on but the display is off bit like when the lights are on and the dash illuminates. I have yet to take out the head unit and pull the fuse out from behind. Im thinking their is some sort of a relay which when the key is taken out the lights go off but then comes on. So annoying as the headunit is on display if I dont take the fuse out

Old 01-22-2007, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

mmmmm a strange one ... it all depends how the radio is wired in .. most cars will come on without key or ignition .. but for the unit to remain illuminated without pushin a button ?

i would say it has been put in wrong somewhere along the line .. take it to someone who is in the know (auto sparky)

Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 PM

If only if you had an extra HU from another audi to test. =/

Quick Reply: Audi Radio light