Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:14 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi Radio Problems

I've had my Audi for a while and this the first time I've had problems with the radio. It seems that the radio doesn't want to turn on in working mode or off. When I turn off the car, the radio lights remain on for some reason. When I turn on my car and try to listen to the radio/cd, it doesn't turn on at all. The light is there but nothing happens.

I haven't changed my battery recently or anything. It just happened after I parked my car last night. I didn't leave the engine on or anything. I fear that the radio light being might cause my battery to drain.

Does anyone know of a fix or know what is going on? Thanks.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:40 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Audi Radio Problems

wut year audi and wut kind of sound system is in it?

Old 09-25-2006, 01:47 AM
1st Gear

02 B6, Symphony II??

It's the 6 disc changer one.

I also forgot to mention that when I turn off the car, it sounds like the discs are changing and maybe getting stuck?? I remember I was listening to the FM tuner last and not the CD player but it worked fine until that point.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:52 AM
3rd Gear

Try pulling the fuse for the radio and plugging it back in. Sometimes the radios get stuck and cutting power can cause them to reset.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:20 AM
5th Gear

b4 u do that make sure you got the radio code or you'll be fcuked. dealer charges a pretty penny to get the code if you dont know it

Old 09-25-2006, 03:46 AM
1st Gear

Yeah I know all about the codes, I think I know what it is from the spare tire area but haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

I'll have to order the special keys to pull out the radio. Do you think they might have it at car audio places?

Old 09-25-2006, 05:31 AM
2nd Gear

my bet is that you infact blew the fuse.... check ALL your fuses and replace when needed... Some things will interact with each other so even if it doesnt say radio replace it... Any fuse thats blown replace... Ill put 100 on it thats its the fuse

Old 09-25-2006, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

Can someone tell me the number to the radio fuse? I don't have a manual and my Audi dealer said it's on backorder.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:51 PM
2nd Gear

check all your fuses replace as needed replace the ones that are blown... If you cant see then pull each one out then check it... I did this and fixed my problem. Infact it wasnt even the radio fuse that was blown it was something else but it caused my radio to not work just like you described... so replaced it and everything works fine again

Old 09-25-2006, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, I've never looked at it and been researching and now know what it looks like. I'm really a newbie though, how do I know if they are blown?

*edit*
I'm gonna go to the dealer and pick up some fuses after work.

Thanks for your help socal_A4

Quick Reply: Audi Radio Problems