Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi's closed loop system

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:19 PM
1st Gear
Default audi's closed loop system

ok, so i did days worth of research and searching all the forums on this site and audiworld on the audi closed loop turbo system, BOV's and DV's. I know if you run a BOV on an Audi turbo system, it will throw off ECU, A/F ratios, etc... and nothing but bad things. But also, there were some posts from members saying that if you run a toally custom BIG turbo setup, then a BOV would be needed. To be on the safe side, I would really like to run a diverter valve. Lets say someone would want to run a totally custom plumbing, piping, and everything else, with a GT28 or GT30. Would you recommend using a BOV (would it be better to run this), or would you experience the same ECU, CEL, and A/F ratio problems, and running a diverter valve would be the better option of the two, even on such a large turbo setup??????

Old 06-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Audi's closed loop system

not my area but from my understanding of the BOV which is just a blow off valve to prevent over pressure and blowing the engine up and normally used by Honda nuts for sound effects, larger turbo with BOV how much larger?? I think it would work but the DV has been proven whereas the BOV has caused many problems

Old 06-16-2006, 04:21 PM

BOV will not work unless you go standalone or no MAF.

People use diverter vavles for t3/t4 turbos , which are quite large.

Just if you go that large, get a better dv (not a 710n) .. use a hyperboost , or a baileys , or a forge 007.

If you are on standalone, you dont use the MAF so your car wont add extra fuel.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Site Moderator

Im pretty sure you should only use a BOV if you have a stand alone and are doing completely custom tuning. Cuz then the ecu wont be responsible for th A/F ratio's etc. I could be wrong though.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:13 PM
3rd Gear

I have GT2871R elim. I have DV and running 25psi without problem.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:44 AM
3rd Gear

if u wanna run a BOV, you have to re-position the MAS. You would most likely have to get another one, i know on DSM's and many other cars a 3" GM MAS from an LS1 motor works pretty well. Pretty much you put the air sensor behind the BOV, and not in front of the BOV, so the air that gets blown out of the BOV is already gone when it hits the MAS, therefore causing no problems at all...

does anybody understand that a BOV is a DV...there the same freakin things... they work in identical ways. this DV vs BOV thing is stupid, cuz theyre the same product

Old 06-17-2006, 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8
does anybody understand that a BOV is a DV...there the same freakin things... they work in identical ways. this DV vs BOV thing is stupid, cuz theyre the same product
A BPV/DV is NOT a BOV... Though they do the same thing they are different.

BOV's purge air into the atmosphere, DV/BPV's recirculate the air into the engine.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:17 AM
1st Gear

this is going in one big circle

Old 06-17-2006, 03:15 AM

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

WTF no they arent?

Old 06-17-2006, 03:35 AM
2nd Gear

Well, in a way they are, because they do do exactly the same thing, except for the fact that a dv recaptures the air and sends it through your turbo again to keep rpms up during shifts whereas a bov just goes WWWWWWOOOOOOOOSSSGHHHHHH......and all of the ricers turn to look....lol

Quick Reply: audi's closed loop system